covers

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ditched the full size for a half-cover. In a wind, the full cover acted too much like a sail and I got to watch the bike rock too far on the center stand once.

Which reminds me. Now that junior stole my cover for his Wee, I need to get another.

I have a Nelson Rigg half cover I really like. It packs small and works fine over a large CalSci windshield and Givi V46 topcase. On and off in a few seconds.

I ditched the full size for a half-cover. In a wind, the full cover acted too much like a sail and I got to watch the bike rock too far on the center stand once.

Which reminds me. Now that junior stole my cover for his Wee, I need to get another.
At the inaugural MotoGP race at Indy, you may recall there was a hurricane moving up the midwest. Winds were fierce, resulting in a shortened race. They had the Ducati's parked on the infield, I think by the museum. Many had full covers. Only took one, and it was sad to see a whole row of Ducs toppled over like dominoes.

Thanks everyone, by the way does anyone know if the oem cover is waterproof? I'm thinking about leaving the bike out this summer and having my new truck stay in, I can't have both in the garage at the same time when it's riding season. I tuck the bike in with cover on and tender, and the truck just about fits. I hate to do it but the truck is worth more than the bike.

I have a Nelson Rigg half cover I really like. It packs small and works fine over a large CalSci windshield and Givi V46 topcase. On and off in a few seconds.
Thanks for the tip.

I ordered one from revzilla.com on the 8th and it is due to arrive on the 11th per UPS tracking. Total price was $39.99 with free shipping.

Keep Going!