cowling pegs / posts

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Georgiaboy71

Reaction score
hey everyone.

what are the posts / pegs / (whatever they are) that I see mounted on the side cowlings of folks FJR's ? I see them ALOT and was wondering what purpose they serve and if I need to get some for my bike. Obviously if all the cool kids have them on their bikes I must have them on mine.......

thanks

GB

Obviously if all the cool kids have them on their bikes I must have them on mine.......
That depends on what you think makes someone a cool kid when it comes top FJR riders. I for myself think it's much cooler to have slightly worn sliders from a drop rather then dinged up and scratched Tupperware. You on the other hand might think real "battle-scars" on the bike are the shizzle.... ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
And now to introduce you to the famous fjrforum thread degeneration process:

They're electrodes for jump starting. :p

Electrodes for jump starting. haha.

Not at all, they are grounding lugs to eliminate wind generated static electricity, they omit an ozone that creates a neutral negative charged ionization zone that assists in passive milliamp grounding defusion. basically a null that eliminates the electronic friction and drag generated, AKA Degaussing. I am sure that my rough technical translation leaves out basic data, I do not profess to be knowledgable in this field.

WFOOSHE, Backe to you!

FWFE

All right, I just made up the thing about jump starting. Sorry. (Not really)

They're for use in parades. Weave back and forth as you ride up the street, and the barrel on the high side spits peppermints into the crowd.

Last edited by a moderator:
har har, hardy har har.

your explainations would be great if they were true.....I'd have said they are pylons to mount your AMRAAM missles.

thanks guys.

All right, I just made up the thing about jump starting. Sorry. (Not really)

They're for use in parades. Weave back and forth as you ride up the street, and the barrel on the high side spits peppermints into the crowd.

That's odd....I hooked the cables to mine and she fired right up! Well, once I figured out the pos & neg. :D