Cowling replacement

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tim

Reaction score
If you have replaced where did you purchase? Yamaha seems pricey. Are you pleased with the product?

If you have replaced where did you purchase? Yamaha seems pricey. Are you pleased with the product?
Anybody that sells Yamaha OEM parts can get the plastic bits, but yes, they are expensive.

OTOH, they come already painted and will match the other stuff already on your bike. Unless you painted your bike.

You can find cheaper bodywork on eBay from Hong Kong, also prepainted, but not matching paint. That means your fuel tank will be different from the plastic. The Hong Kong stuff is cheap, but I don't know if anybody on the forum has tried it.

BTW, the Hong Kong stuff is only available for Gen-I, but that fits for your 2005.

Last edited by a moderator:
There's a member on here that has an '05 cowling for sale. Check out the classifieds. STAY AWAY FROM THE HONG KONG CRAP!!!!! Yes, I know I'm yelling. It fits terribly and if it gets close to a heat source, it will warp. I was looking at a TL1000R that had these replacement fairings and they looked terrible. Stay with the OEM stuff.

Rick

I got my 08' off of Ebay. Paid $90.00 for it. Right side w/signal light.

Just needed it because the inside bracket's on mine were broken.