Craftsman Torque Wrench

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There have been a few times with not much to do in the winter time. During some bs sessions we got our torque wrenches, a few different brands and torqued some nuts and bolts checking the readings of the wrenches. Of all the wrenches they were really close if not the same when they released. We also did this with our air gauges. Some cheap pop ups and some real expensive digital. There wasn't enough differences to determine which one was the most accurate.

There have been a few times with not much to do in the winter time. During some bs sessions we got our torque wrenches, a few different brands and torqued some nuts and bolts checking the readings of the wrenches. Of all the wrenches they were really close if not the same when they released. We also did this with our air gauges. Some cheap pop ups and some real expensive digital. There wasn't enough differences to determine which one was the most accurate.
Sweet - so the clicker I just bought from Harbor Freight for $15 is probably ok! Not as good as a MAC, but better than my arm.

(I tested it against a Craftsman beam-type - seems good enough to me).

If you're using a FT/LB wrench don't trust it under 25lbs. I use an in/lb wrench for that, and convert it to ft/lb scale. The larger Craftsman I have doesn't even have a setting under 20lbs. The next model down is only accurate from about 15lbs and up. If you set a wrench to 10lbs, you'll probably never hear it click. It'll kind of give a little bit when you start pulling on the wrench.

Latest posts