Crash Bar install picks

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mtnhigh

Reaction score
Here is a link for pics of my 905 crash bar install.

My comments and observations with the pictures

Clicky

Summary coming soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
I appreciate function over form usually. But not for me this time. I think the front ones aren't bad, but the rear bars are Fugly. Don't mean to hurt feelings, but ...
Yeah, uh, wow. Those would be an acquired taste indeed!

You know, I was thinking that you might just be able to mount a set of training outrigger wheels to those back crash bars and completely avoid even the possibility of tipping over..! :lol:

Yeah. The rear bars are a function accessory only. I put them on to check the fit and take pics for those that ordered them. And then they came off and went back in the box. I figure they would be good for track days or long trips. I was mainly interested in the front bars.

Ummm. They might be a good thing to put on if your having your bike transported long distances.

Wow. I love the fronts but those back guards are a real tough sell with me. :blink:

It's really kinda funny to me...I love the way the 905 fronts look on the FJR and hate the rears while the OEM Kawasaki kit for the C14 is just the opposite. Perhaps We could get 905 to look a the C14 units and revise their design a bit (to be smaller and less ugly with the bags off).

IMG_2701.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is a link for pics of my 905 crash bar install.
My comments and observations with the pictures

Clicky

Summary coming soon.
Thanks for the pictures. I installed mine yesterday and ran into a problem with the clutch/shifter side rear gaurd. When the top two bolts are in the muffler bracket the large bolt hole at the bottom of the muffler bracket is somewhere around 5/16" forward of where it should be. Conversely, if I insert the large bottom boltthen the top holes are out of alignment by about the same amount.

It looks like you had a similar problem? You just strongarmed it into place? I halfheartedly tried to bend it with my bare hands but got nowhere. I figure with the kind impact these things are designed to take I wouldn't get very far. I guess the other option is to grind out the holes, but I don't know what with and how.

Any suggestions? I wonder how many of us this has happened to?

Looks good on the front! I didn't order the rears, because of the extra cost, and unsightliness,(no offense of course). Still haven't had a chance to install mine yet, even though we've had a few warm days, been busy with other projects.

Thanks for the pictures. I installed mine yesterday and ran into a problem with the clutch/shifter side rear gaurd. When the top two bolts are in the muffler bracket the large bolt hole at the bottom of the muffler bracket is somewhere around 5/16" forward of where it should be. Conversely, if I insert the large bottom boltthen the top holes are out of alignment by about the same amount.
It looks like you had a similar problem? You just strongarmed it into place? I halfheartedly tried to bend it with my bare hands but got nowhere. I figure with the kind impact these things are designed to take I wouldn't get very far. I guess the other option is to grind out the holes, but I don't know what with and how.

Any suggestions? I wonder how many of us this has happened to?
Yeah forgot to mention that one. The left side rear bar did have the same "offset". I put the two small ones in the top of the bracket and put the large bolt through the exhaust mount hole at an angle and screwed it in. After it goes in about a half inch you can use the bolt itself for leverage and slide it through.