Crash Bar Update No 1

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

No One

Reaction score
Hello,

Just an update on the crash bars that I have mentioned on the forum. The up date is this, UNFORTUNATLY I can't make it to NAFO in Golden Colorado. I REALLY wanted to come out and ride and meet people. Corporate Yamaha has asked me to attend the STAR rally in AR the same weekend. (I just found out) We need to do some stuff with them and I cant change that. I want to let people know, the ones that where looking forward to seeing some of the new stuff at NAFO that we are still working on it and nothing else has changed. I hope to still have pictures up before NAFO and anyone is welcome to contact me if you have further questions.

I have been in contact with many owners about the new bars and have several names for testing. I also want to let everyone know that I don’t want to rush a 'safety' product to market with no testing. I will take a chance of loosing a potential customer in having to wait for us to test it properly. As far as price, we do have a good idea on a price but it has not been set in stone. But of course we are working hard to make it affordable to any customer that is looking for this type of crash bar system. Again, if anyone has any questions feel free to contact me and I will be happy to answer your questions or help in any way I can. Thanks again !

Last edited by a moderator:
If you need to test them to make sure they work in cold climates and on dirt roads, I'm your guy! I'd be glad to put them through the paces, and would of course expect to pay FMV if they work out.

paulie in Alaska.

Hello,
Just an update on the crash bars that I have mentioned on the forum. The up date is this, UNFORTUNATLY I can't make it to NAFO in Golden Colorado. I REALLY wanted to come out and ride and meet people. Corporate Yamaha has asked me to attend the STAR rally in AR the same weekend. (I just found out) We need to do some stuff with them and I cant change that. I want to let people know, the ones that where looking forward to seeing some of the new stuff at NAFO that we are still working on it and nothing else has changed. I hope to still have pictures up before NAFO and anyone is welcome to contact me if you have further questions.

I have been in contact with many owners about the new bars and have several names for testing. I also want to let everyone know that I don’t want to rush a 'safety' product to market with no testing. I will take a chance of loosing a potential customer in having to wait for us to test it properly. As far as price, we do have a good idea on a price but it has not been set in stone. But of course we are working hard to make it affordable to any customer that is looking for this type of crash bar system. Again, if anyone has any questions feel free to contact me and I will be happy to answer your questions or help in any way I can. Thanks again !
Sorry to hear you won't be at NAFO. While I'm sorry I can't help by providing a bike for the handlebar mock up, I'd be happy to help test a set for you ;)

Dave

Just got off the phone with Jaxon 5 AKA: No One (sorry, don't know where I got Steve from)and he is really bummed about missing NAFO.

I have been out to his shop in Ft Worth where we spent several hours bench racing and taking some general measurement from my 05.

He has a nice shop and appears to be here for the long term, this ain't his first rodeo.

Most of his work has been in the custom and custom metric market, but he has purchased an 08 FJR and wants to join our ranks here in the FJR community.

While I haven't tested any products at this time, I think that is only a matter of time.

We are working together to give him ideas and access to my Gen I FJR for any measurements that may be needed.

Mostly, I wanted to suggest to anyone out there in the FJR community, that I feel that he is honest and genuine.

After all, I feel like I am a good judge of character, with the exception of hanging out with too many of you turkeys.

Mark Bottoms

Soooo, does that mean that you'll be riding to EOM with Mark?

I was trying to get him to ride to NAFO with me, but he has other obligations during that week.

I will start working on him for the EOM Trip next.

Mark

I have already designed crash bars that will work on gen ones and twos. Will sell them at half the price of what "No one" will sell them at. The left side is....as I've called it...."don't **** up"...and the right side is called...."left lane is the passing lane.....right side is suicide". Sorry, "No one".....I've got the market cornered. I still want to see yer shop, though.

I have already designed crash bars that will work on gen ones and twos. Will sell them at half the price of what "No one" will sell them at. The left side is....as I've called it...."don't **** up"...and the right side is called...."left lane is the passing lane.....right side is suicide". Sorry, "No one".....I've got the market cornered. I still want to see yer shop, though.
What are you selling yours for???????? I'm going to be giving mine away for free!! ;-)

Well, then....I'll be right over tomorrow. for a free pair of crash bars.

free installs, too?

How the hell do you bolt a tree on each side of the bike?

I think it involves beer bottle caps and some safety wire? :dntknw:

odot

Let us see the pics???? I'm interested.... I'll tell the Harley guys that I have crash/highway peg mounts like what they have but mine is quicker/faster...

I was thinking wood screws.

I was thinking wood screws.

No-no....... that will require that everyone has a drill and has to ride all the way to Home Depot..... That's not right..... we will include one tube of super glue..... that's all you will need !! Easy no drill...... :)

While I'm sorry I can't help by providing a bike for the handlebar mock up, I'd be happy to help test a set for you ;)
Dave
As I understand it, this is in reference to crash bars, not handlebars.
Actually, my post was directed at "No One" regarding a mostly offline conversation we've started regarding genII handlebars. Sorry for the confusion, Gun. Should've been more clear.

Dave