Crash proven frame sliders, talk to me.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
graytaz - OUCH!! Glad you're OK, that looks rather nasty. A total loss??
The bike flipped after the front wheel was crushed so that pretty much all the tupperware got roughed up. The front wheel was pushed back into the radiator, forks were mushed, the headers were crushed and the windshield frame was broken. Over $7000 in parts and the dealer that did the estimate figured that with the damage the forks took that likely the frame was cooked. He said that was an 18 hour job without the cost of the frame. The insurance company gave him the remnants to cover the storage. I was told that he might build a drag bike out of it as the engine and drive train weren't touched. Worst part of all this was that the wreck happened second day into 2 week riding vacation and it took 3 months and the rest of the riding season to get a settlement. Hell of a way to get ABS.......

From what I hear bluesman, all ya need are TOGs as ya don't ride fast enough to crash.
Hell ya still run training wheels why ya need 'em anyways???

:jester:
Bust they'll help me even if I drop it, which I've done often before with other bikes, just because I'm a spas.

Secret pix of Bust, his real colors showing here... <_<

motorcycle_training.jpg

Bust's serious road warrior machine... :blink:

training_wheels_motorcycle.jpg

:yahoo: