crash!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi everone, I[m recupperating from a crash on my fjr on 043007. I have 6 broken ribs and a broken collerbone in 2 places. I had surgery on 051007 to repair the collerbone, plates and screws and will be down for a while I guess. My bike is being repaired and will be ready before I am but I can't wait! I was riding on hwy 61 close to Big Ridge State park going into a left hand curve already into my lean whrn I spotted 3 softball size rocks in the road, I tried steering aroud them but didn't quite make it. The fjr is a great bike and handles well, I guess I failed as a rider! Just wanted to tell my story and thanks for listening.

Bill
Oh man, terrible, just terrible.

I live in Alcoa, Tn just outside of Knoxville.

If there is anything that you need or some help, just drop me a pm.

When you get healed up we need to get together and ride.

Heal fast.

:blink: Get well soon!! Broken ribs are not fun unless your into that sort or thing :blink:

I remember when my brother was in the hospital and just after surgery I was visiting him and while we were talking there was a machine down the hall that wa making the most awfull Thuuupppppp(sounds like passing wind) and after about 5 min's I leaned out the door and yelled "For god sake someone help that poor guy" Well you can imagine that was not the best thing to do at that time, and I know it was a coincidence but I was hearing laughter and also noticed all the help lights in the hallway were lit.... Strange...

Anyway Get Well soon (He got me back when I had some Surgery)

Hi everone, I[m recupperating from a crash on my fjr on 043007. I have 6 broken ribs and a broken collerbone in 2 places. I had surgery on 051007 to repair the collerbone, plates and screws and will be down for a while I guess. My bike is being repaired and will be ready before I am but I can't wait! I was riding on hwy 61 close to Big Ridge State park going into a left hand curve already into my lean whrn I spotted 3 softball size rocks in the road, I tried steering aroud them but didn't quite make it. The fjr is a great bike and handles well, I guess I failed as a rider! Just wanted to tell my story and thanks for listening.

Bill
Bill,

As one who is a charter member of the BCC (Broken Clavicle Club), the bright side is you'll know when it's going to rain before the weather guessers do! Heal up quick, your neck of the woods is just coming into it's prime for some great riding, wish I could make it back there again this year as it's a beautiful area. Hang in there, things will get better!

Holly shit! I am really sorry to hear about your fall. I have put on about 1000 miles in the last 2 days and I ran into a similar thing this morning. 2 huge rocks in the road and me in a full lean with the wife on the back. It was a 3rd gear turn doing about 65 MPH and I am still not sure how I missed these huge rocks in the road. I hope you get a quick recovery.

Man,,

Get better. Your gear did do its job....... you are here. A scuffed helmet?? I rest your case..... Sorry you had a get off. Recoup, heal, get back on......

cheers

Sorry to hear about your get off. Still wanting to ride a good sign and really there's way too many accidents going on here. I'm almost paranoid about going for a ride. It's like should I or shouldn't I? Point is your doing ok. PM. <>< :eh-smiley:

Bill
Oh man, terrible, just terrible.

I live in Alcoa, Tn just outside of Knoxville.

If there is anything that you need or some help, just drop me a pm.

When you get healed up we need to get together and ride.

Heal fast.
Hey , I'll do that I want to ride as soon as I can..thanks for the feelings and I will get back with you.

Bill

Bill
No you did not fail as a rider. Learn from this experience. Get back on that bike and next time be extra careful around curves whether they are familiar or not.

I recently was going around a curve that I have gone around many times and low and behold there was what looked like ground limestone or crushed rock in my lane as I was making the turn at a swift speed. I stood the bike up and braked plenty enough to get through it. I already had made sure there was not a vehicle coming from the other direction. If I had been going any faster I would most likely had gone into the oncoming lane to get through it. Was I so glad of that.

Get well and ride again.

Man, sorry to hear about your get off. Hope you heal up nice and fast. Glad to see that you're ready to get out and ride again once you heal. Stay safe!

Sorry to hear of your acceident, but I'm glad to hear your spirits are up and your zest for riding has not diminished!

Slow2lrn, here’s hoping U R quick2heal. Went down myself Friday morning, high-sided while navigating “obstacle course” :rolleyes: , on my dirt-bike, in my yard. Front end broke loose in the wet grass on a tight 180. Excuses, excuses… Nothing broken but the right shoulder is very sore. Anyway, here’s another TN rider wishing ya well.

shokdimn :bike:

Sorry to hear about the get-off. FYI, My get-off 10/5/06. 4 Broken Ribs, Collar bone (1 place), concussion, 2 chest tubes & 6 days in hospital (no surgery). I got a new 07 about 3 weeks ago, 1,000 miles on 07 now. I'm 60-younger heal faster I'm told. Best of luck. Ron

PS Home town was Oak Ridge, TN. Been in Missouri now for over 30 years. Still miss the TN, NC mountains & riding.

Last edited by a moderator: