Crater Lake Or.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JamesW

JamesW
Reaction score
Looking to ride that way in a couple of weeks and wanted to know what the area was looking like these days. Bend overnite, then Crater Lake and over to the coast and N. up the coast to Astoria and home around the Olympic peninsula. Been many years since I have been that way. Mid-week travel should lessen traffic.

If'n ya want to overnight in Sweet Home, we have a spare room and won't charge ya $80 ;) All depends on what route you are taking, do you have a gpx file or google map etc , lots of roads and choices

If I lived that close, I would take a ride there yearly......truly some magnificent scenery !!
punk.gif

Make sure to POST SOME PICS!!
bike.gif

Don't know about the roads this spring, but last October when we stopped by the roads were just fine. Lots of areas with burn damage though.

IMG_2343a-XL.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Meh not worth the gasoline...
rolleyes.gif

...but if you must, then circle the lake and don't just ride through - make sure you plan enough time to stop (often) and gaze and wonder ..... why the heck are you there... (and not me..)
rolleyes.gif

P1040712.jpg

P1040731.jpg

P1040734-1.jpg

P1040750.jpg

If'n ya want to overnight in Sweet Home, we have a spare room and won't charge ya $80
wink.png
All depends on what route you are taking, do you have a gpx file or google map etc , lots of roads and choices
Thanks for the thought, to many variables to commit, we will just grab motels as needed at the end of the day.

It's rideable. Was there last week. Some snow here and there on the sides of the road. Bring a rain jacket just in case.