Crazy idea, trade FJR with DL 1000?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok so I kind of did the same thing!! :yahoo:

I been riding 20 years street but just started doing this DS thing about 2 years ago by purchasing my Big 'o' Gurl (KTM 990 ADV). This is my first so called dirt bike that I have every own. :lol: Little did I know at the time buying this that riding in the dirt on an overweight pig is not easy (especially for a noobie)!! :( I will say it was a big learning curve and I USED & ABUSED this poor 'o' Gurl. :blink: However I have learned a lot and just can't get enough of riding offroad. :D

Sooooooo Last Tuesday I traded in my 07 FJR with 35K miles in for this 2009 KTM 690 Enduro R

162837_165936963449150_100000985430959_308754_5428529_n.jpg

All I can say is she is 140 lbs lighter than the 990 and BOY what a difference off road. :clapping: So now the Big 'o' Gurl has been promoted to mostly street!! :rolleyes:
And they accuse me of being a purple Kool-Aid drinking BMW loving son of a bitch! Just how many gallons of the pumpkin orange Katoom Kool-Aid have you been swilling lately Chris? Congratulations, Buddy! You know I also love Germanic Motorraden machinery, if I hit the lottery: I will build a collection of Germanic machines such as KTM, Horex, DKW, Zundapp, NSU, Maico, Sachs and the other famous Germanic manufacturers. You cannot go wrong off road with a KTM 690 Enduro R for dirt work! If this bike had been available in Fall of 2008, I would have bought it instead of my BMW F800/650GS; much better fur Gelande!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok so I kind of did the same thing!! :yahoo:

I been riding 20 years street but just started doing this DS thing about 2 years ago by purchasing my Big 'o' Gurl (KTM 990 ADV). This is my first so called dirt bike that I have every own. :lol: Little did I know at the time buying this that riding in the dirt on an overweight pig is not easy (especially for a noobie)!! :( I will say it was a big learning curve and I USED & ABUSED this poor 'o' Gurl. :blink: However I have learned a lot and just can't get enough of riding offroad. :D

Sooooooo Last Tuesday I traded in my 07 FJR with 35K miles in for this 2009 KTM 690 Enduro R

162837_165936963449150_100000985430959_308754_5428529_n.jpg

All I can say is she is 140 lbs lighter than the 990 and BOY what a difference off road. :clapping: So now the Big 'o' Gurl has been promoted to mostly street!! :rolleyes:
And they accuse me of being a purple Kool-Aid drinking BMW loving son of a bitch! Just how many gallons of the pumpkin orange Katoom Kool-Aid have you been swilling lately Chris? Congratulations, Buddy! You know I also love Germanic Motorraden machinery, if I hit the lottery: I will build a collection of Germanic machines such as KTM, Horex, DKW, Zundapp, NSU, Maico, Sachs and the other famous Germanic manufacturers. You cannot go wrong off road with a KTM 690 Enduro R for dirt work! If this bike had been available in Fall of 2008, I would have bought it instead of my BMW F800/650GS; much better fur Gelande!!!
I think the air in Mexico did it to me!! Made me go all orange :unsure:

Besides I need to practice on something lighter, so I can stay up with Scott!!! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Those tires look as new as mine! Did you just get her? I only had mine over a week and have already spent way too much money on farkles. :dribble:
Tire is half gone there with a thousand miles. I'll be replacing it with the same one, Rallycross rock!

Biggest mod is free. Unhook the 2nd and 3rd gear restriction. Did you pull those wires yet? I spend most of my time in 2nd and 3rd so that 30% increase in power is handy for my type of riding.

Wired two gps and two power outlets for little money.

New muffler was a little expensive

Corbin seat with an added inch expensive

Safari gas tank way expensive.

Aluminum side cases way past expensive.