• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Crazy Low Mile Gen Is in Phoenix on Craigslist

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SkooterG

Purveyor of Crooked Facts
Reaction score
It still astounds me that you can get 14 year old Gen I FJRs with ridiculously low miles. How can you not ride such an awesome machine???

2004 abs with 7700 miles for $5200. This has been for sale for about six months. He's come down in price but still too high.

https://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/mcy/d/2004-yamaha-fjr-1300-low/6354255311.html

2005 abs with 7,000 miles for $5,200.

https://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/mcy/d/2005-yamaha-fjr1300-abs/6390080988.html

Crazy!

Still, it's taking all my self-control not to call the guy with the 04 FJR. BEST FJR MADE EVER!!!

Unbelievable! A month's worth of riding (or less) on a 14 year old bike.

Unfortunately, at $5200, I expect it will stay on the market for a while longer. $4000 would be a great deal on a bike that old.

Offer him $4300 and see if he bites. It will give you ANOTHER Gen I to wear out!

(Not saying that it isn't WORTH more, just that it won't likely command a better price.)

Agree with above sentiments and what a reasonable price should be. A *LOT* of just broken in motorcycle for the money, for sure. Yamaha has been good about regularly upgrading (fine tuning) this long lived platform from Gens I through IV, but the essential goodness was all there in those two abs bikes.

My only real reservation for either would be the fact that they may not have enough mile on them to have begun ticking if either had that in their DNA. The cost to fix that without Yamaha footing the bill would change the equation. Second would be making sure that there is no issue compromising the almost unused abs systems.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, SkooterG, is this YOUR bike? If so, there's no telling how abused that poor machine might be, and you can get in trouble for tampering with the odometer.

Trying to find the funds to buy a local 04 with 12k on it for 3k. Nice farkles including a russell seat. I've known it since new and am the only one to have worked on it. Don't know what I'll do with it but I want it. Going through the toy safe to see what I can live without.
smile.png

$5200 is way too much for that bike, I paid $5000 for my 2011 in Phoenix 3 months ago.

I was looking at Gen1 bikes for $2900-$4000 and Gen2 bikes for $3500-$6000 at that time.

This 2011 seller was asking $6000 and I called and offered him $5000 cash. A few days later, I was riding it back home to Las Vegas.

FJR1300.jpg

Too much. I brought my 2006 with top case and a few mods for 3800 bucks with 6000 miles. The dealer even put new tires due to dry rot . This was in middle of summer too.

Latest posts