Crotch Rocket

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I call it whatever the group I'm with calls it. And when alone, which is most of the time,I call it Frank. Don't really care how the rest of the world see's it, just so they don't see it for long.

Last edited by a moderator:
(RebelRider @ Feb 27 2006, 05:45 PM)I don't consider this bike a crotch rocket at all but alot who see pics of her refer to it as such. What do you guys think?~ cool.gif
Rebel: lots of opinions here -- and, I think you'll agree, that they're (for the most part) in agreement that an FJR is not a "crotch rocket". All one needs to do is ride any race-replica sport bike from the last decade, or so, to know. The FJR looks like a "bend-over bike" to the un-initiated -- but, realistically, it's merely a "shaft-drive touring bike". But, a pretty damned good one..... :D

Hell, there are Harleys that are quicker than the FJR. Certainly wouldn't consider them crotch rockets.
Really? You aren't talking about off-the-shelf bikes, are you? I mean, what HD is quicker than anything at all? No cheap shot, just an honest question.
Yep, off the shelf. Check it out. Only $33,000.00

Toecutter, I'm calling BS on the 'off-the-shelf Harley faster than an FJR'. That bike is a purpose built, limited production, off-road race bike. It is not street legal. Although it is faster. About the same performance as a real 'off-the-shelf' Hayabusa, and only costs 2.5 times as much.

Folks,

To the non-riding public and crusier owners the FJR is a crotch rocket. Its not a cruiser!! So therefor its a crotch rocket. :D

We can define it anyway we want but who is the audience that you are speaking to??

I like my crotch rocket!!

Holeshot's full system ready to be installed!! More usable power.

Dave

Disco Bay B)

red2kcbr Posted on Feb 28 2006, 12:09 PM

Toecutter, I'm calling BS on the 'off-the-shelf Harley faster than an FJR'. That bike is a purpose built, limited production, off-road race bike. It is not street legal. Although it is faster. About the same performance as a real 'off-the-shelf' Hayabusa, and only costs 2.5 times as much.
Sorry about contributing to a bit of thread-jacking -- BUT....I'll be surprised if that thing doesn't grenade its guts all over the banking at Daytona in a couple weeks! :eek:

Hell, there are Harleys that are quicker than the FJR. Certainly wouldn't consider them crotch rockets. IMO, a crotch rocket is nothing more than a device that transfers horsepower to the ground, in the lightest and most efficient street legal manner. As I see it, not even all sport bikes qualify. R6, not really. R1, debatable. Busa, definitely. :eek:
I'm really curious which Harley you are referring to? I'm not so sure that even the VRod's that drag race in the ProStock class (after considerable modifications) would be quicker. If they are then your logic dictates that the Warrior which also competes in that class would be quicker than the Feejer.

Sorry about contributing to a bit of thread-jacking -- BUT....I'll be surprised if that thing doesn't grenade its guts all over the banking at Daytona in a couple weeks! :eek:
The link was for the Screamin' Eagle V-Rod, very quick! I think you were referring to Buell's XBRR. Grendading? More like a podium finish. Hell, they've bent the AMA rules so badly, they BETTER be on the podium.

Hell, there are Harleys that are quicker than the FJR. Certainly wouldn't consider them crotch rockets.
Really? You aren't talking about off-the-shelf bikes, are you? I mean, what HD is quicker than anything at all? No cheap shot, just an honest question.
Yep, off the shelf. Check it out. Only $33,000.00
As someone else has pointed out that isn't even street legal. Don't be confused by the first mention of a 1/4 mile time of less than 7 seconds - the one they are selling is advertised as "can do a sub 10 second quarter".

MrVvrroomm Posted on Feb 28 2006, 12:46 PM

The link was for the Screamin' Eagle V-Rod, very quick! I think you were referring to Buell's XBRR. Grendading? More like a podium finish. Hell, they've bent the AMA rules so badly, they BETTER be on the podium.
My Bad -- for not checking. I thought, since we were on "crotch rockets" we wouldn't get side-tracked to drag racers? (I don't even want to go there -- with H-D's 2600cc bike!) :angry02:

My opinions still stand....

Altho -- you make valid points -- and, may be right?:ba:

Personally, I think it would probably fall over if you tried running it on Daytona's banking...and you'd wind up with the wheelie-bar stuck where the sun don't shine.

:)

Hell, there are Harleys that are quicker than the FJR. Certainly wouldn't consider them crotch rockets. IMO, a crotch rocket is nothing more than a device that transfers horsepower to the ground, in the lightest and most efficient street legal manner. As I see it, not even all sport bikes qualify. R6, not really. R1, debatable. Busa, definitely. :eek:
:blink: I can see you've never ridden an R6 or R1! I've beaten Busa's in a straight line with the R1 and used to have 2 R6's which saw a lot of track time, same for the R1's also! That statement doesn't hold up. Yes, R6 & R1's are SPORTBIKES! I hate the term Crotchrocket. So Harleyish mentality sounding! I think it was best described in a earlier reply : If it looks like it belongs on the track, but can be ridden on the street, it's a SPORTBIKE!

Jeeeeeeeeezzz! :eek:

All of this talk about "crotch this" and crotch that,"............. :unsure:

I think that my prostrate is going to starting to act up! :blink:

Some of us older guys are quite sensitive to such talk!

Just kidding,............I hope!

Well..I guess I don't understand everytime someone looks at my bike they automatically think it's a crotch rocket and when I say no it's a Sport Touring Bike they say to me,"Looks like a crotch rocket to me". Mind you I usually ride without the bags.

Now with that said...I saw a post here somewhere about someone painting their bags with truck bed liner mat black and I'd sure like to see some pics of how it turned out. The bags got skinned up a long time ago when they came unlatched and flew off when I hit a speed bump going into where I used to live..Let me tell ya they bounce like a basket ball!!!!

The FJR is the Mother of All Crotch Rockets. It just happens to go farther in comfort and carries more stuff. You can tweak it upright with risers, and wear conservative gear, but inside the soul of this bike is...a crotch rocket! :agent:

The Mother Ship with other crotch rockets in TX hill country...

TX_Hill_bikes.JPG

Ya know, I think the next time someone asks me if that is a crotch rocket I'm gonna tell 'em "No, it's a Big Johnson" Just to see how long it takes to soak in if nothing else.

I'm often asked at work if I ride a motorcycle (nah, just wear the gear for the fun of it). The next question is often 'What kind of Harley do you have?' I suggest to the poor, uneducated schmuck asking the questions that they imagine a crotch rocket. You know, the ones that the kids go screaming along on with their t-shirts flapping in the breeze? making lots of noise? My bike will quietly and politely leave them behind as I sit in comfort, with place to put my purse and lunch out of the way.

That usually nets me a really strange look! The wide eyed WOW!!!! comes when I show the photo, or the bike itself.

Jill