Cruise Control to replace Throttlemeister

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jim oneill

triplex
Reaction score
Ok, I took all the posts here and went back to the dealer service dept that installed my Yamaha heated grips with my pre existing Throttlemeister installed and they still insisted they were not compatable. I,m not a techie and as such cannot argue with them because I don,t know my ass from a hole in the ground about the technical "interference" the Throttlemeister would have with the Yamaha factory heated grips.

I love the throttlemeister and hate to lose it but I value warm hands more, so that said does anybody have any further suggestions about what I should persue. Is there another form of "cruise control" out there that SURELY would work with the Yamaha heated grips? help please?

This sickens me!

Any true cruise control will work, since it doesn't install anything in the grip. Lots of us have the Audiovox Cruise Control, and some have spent the bucks for another one, made specifically for motorcycles.

OTOH, they may be getting their "incompatible" info from their own sources, and are "not allowed" to deviate from that.

I would remove the Throttlemeister, take the bike into the dealer and have them install the grip heaters, then take the bike back home and re-install the Throttlemeister back on the bike yourself. Alternatively, you could always find another dealer.

As others have mentioned, Throttlemeister and heated grips can exist together in perfect harmony on the FJR.

Ok, I took all the posts here and went back to the dealer service dept that installed my Yamaha heated grips with my pre existing Throttlemeister installed and they still insisted they were not compatable. I,m not a techie and as such cannot argue with them because I don,t know my ass from a hole in the ground about the technical "interference" the Throttlemeister would have with the Yamaha factory heated grips.I love the throttlemeister and hate to lose it but I value warm hands more, so that said does anybody have any further suggestions about what I should persue. Is there another form of "cruise control" out there that SURELY would work with the Yamaha heated grips? help please?

This sickens me!
Back in June I had a dealership install heated grips and the Throttlemeister I had ordered directly. No issues whatsoever.

A few days ago I removed and reinstalled the Throttlemeister cause it wasn't holding the throttle properly and would let it slide backwards towards idle position.

When they installed my unit they did not use any washers or shims.

If you call Throttlemeister they will give you all the assistance you'll need or direct you to a dealer that knows.

Alfred

I have the AE which comes with stock Yamaha heated grips. It has a Throttlemeister and works great!

It can be done! I like the idea of you taking the bike in for the heated grips and then doing the throttlemeister yourself.

Ok, I took all the posts here and went back to the dealer service dept that installed my Yamaha heated grips with my pre existing Throttlemeister installed and they still insisted they were not compatable.
If the dealer believes there is an incompatibility issues I doubt you will convince them otherwise, they are looking at it as a liability issue. Any small amount of money they get will not offset the possibility of headaches from installing "incompatible" parts. Also, so much BS flies around the internet if I was them I wouldn't believe it. As was said, have them install the grips and put the throttlemeister on afterwards. Probably lots of people in your area would be glad to help.

A real cruise control, such as the Audiovox or McCruise (www.mccruise.com), has nothing to do with your grips and shouldn't interfere. A throttle-lock (like the Throttlemeister), however, might very well interfere as your dealer claims.

I have a real cc and love it. Some others might not think it's worth the price or hassle. Different strokes...

Good luck!

I installed my Throttlemeister on my '06 with no issues at all. I think I told them when I ordered them that I had an AE, possibly something about the dimentions vs. an "A" model (or was that the G2 tube?). Anyway, they should bolt right in

Latest posts