Cruise control

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sjarr7

Reaction score
Have a throttle lock but am thinking of installing a cruise control that will have capability of resuming speed after braking w/ touch of a button. Anybody have good/bad reports? Thanks.

Dude, you will find a silly amount of answers to your question if you do this:

search.JPG

-BD

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, the Audiovox CCS-100 works like a dream. The kit provides almost everything needed for the install. There is also a billet control mount available.

I will caution you on two items:

First, the control pad is susceptible to water making it's way in. This temporarily disables the unit, but it will begin working again once it's dry. There are ways to help prevent this, but none that I've found are perfect. If you seal the unit with silicone and cover it during washes/heavy rain, it should work flawlessly.

Second, The install is quite time consuming. It takes quite a bit of bending over and working in tight spaces, too. Not for the lighthearted, but it's doable in about 8-15 hours depending on how fast you work and what type of install you choose (meaning how good the quality of your electrical hookups are and if you have ABS or not). Plan on taking a full weekend to install it even with instructions, all tools , solder iron, heat shrink, vaccum tank, control pod mount, etc ready to go.

But...once it's on there...it works exactly like a car and you'll be glad you have it if you are doing a lot of highway riding.

Definitely do a search and read up on the install process to see if you can handle it. Many others have done it and we can help if you're stuck.

Much work has been done to determine the best attachment method for the cable at the throttle linkage. My idea after seeing the info on hundereds of installs was to use one of these-
asc3934.jpg

3 or 4mm diameter, and located as near the tip of the lever as possible. After 7000 miles of use, the cable showed 0 wear, as it almost never touches the screw head due to location, and if it does, there are no edges to abraid the cable on, nor will it catch on one and stick, unlike this setup
33049.jpg

I'll try for a close up pic tonight of my final setup-it worked out to perfection.

Last edited by a moderator:
Moby: I aim to please!

Yamaholic: I certainly don't mean to break my arm patting myself on the back, but check out this link. I don't have the miles to prove it, but it has been wet plenty of times and I have had no issues (I live in South Florida. It rains here. Alot). Check out this thread, second post down: a bunch of farkles

-BD

BD-you're right about search suggestion. Did that 1st but there was so much info. I was just trying to get any new input not previously posted.

sjarr7

What type of throttle lock do you have? All I've been looking for is something simple to lock the throttle in place for when I need my right hand for short periods of time

Thanks

Toophast

toophast,

Not sure what it is. I will be coming up Sat from Roanoke for the Old Dominion ride and will try to remember to bring it-(obviously not installed on bike). So if you're gonna be on that ride you can check it out.

Brun-

Yep, you're using waterproof switches. Good idea and nicely done. It will probably work out quite well for you.

The original control box will let some water in for sure. Maybe sometime I'll clone your setup...