Cruise Control

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schurke

Reaction score
Looking for some input/experiences regarding cruise control for 05 FJR.

Throttle meister has been suggested. Are there any other viable options?

The electronic system from down under is not an option for me.

I second the Throttlemeister. I have it on my '05 FJR and will be installing it on my '06 FJR when it arrives at the dealership.

It's more expensive then the other option mentioned but is looks much more refined and finished....not to mention it works quite well.

SMC

I've used both. Vista-cruise works good, but may interfere with other right hand thumb operations. Throttle-Meister (what I like), is a bit of fashion over function, but I like them -- also takes some doing to install correctly (check other posts for verifying the inner bronze thingy is oriented properly) -- but some find these difficult to uses. I'm still a waiter, and will put throttle-meister on mine when it comes in.

good luck.

Do you prefer the heavy or the light throttlemeister? Can you point me to the article for installation issues with the meister? i've always had vista cruises and want to give the meister a shot on my 06.

GreyGoose

The NEP throttle lock can be installed the same way as the Vista Cruise and I have found that it has better clamping force than the Vista Cruise. I'm constantly adjusting the Vista Cruise where the NEP once set never needs adjusting.

One thing to consider is ease of use. The Vista Cruise is very easy to engage with one hand and equally easy to disengage. Convenience means you're more likely to use it often on long trips, where you can adjust for grades and changing wind conditions. For me that's meant less hand fatigue on long trips. Whether you choose Throttlemeister or Vista Cruise, I doubt you can go wrong. Either one will make long rides much more enjoyable. Good luck.

Here's a good Vista Cruise installation that doesn't require trimming the grip:

https://www.fjrtech.com/getdbitem.cfm?item=9

Anybody got a link on adding a true Cruise Control? I put an Audivox on my Concours that I got from JC Whitney for about $50. I assume someone has done this already, right?

If you want a true cruise control the Audiovox is the only way to go. I had one on my 03 and will never be without it on a touring bike. The throttle locks mentioned above work well but its my understanding they don't hold the speed steady like a true CC.

Glenn

+1

seems like $199 is kinda high for a grip clamp -- even if it is CNC'd polished aluminum. :blink: :bigeyes: :eh: