custom paint jobs on FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Going to the painter's today at lunch to look at a test plate he's painted...
I hope that the test looks as good as I think it might...that paint job, done well, will rock. Once you get it done, you might want to stay off of dirt roads in Colorado. But who follows my advice? :blink:

Matching helmet needed? I found this place local to me and this guy does some really nice work.

Custom Helmet Design

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope that the test looks as good as I think it might...that paint job, done well, will rock. Once you get it done, you might want to stay off of dirt roads in Colorado. But who follows my advice? :blink:
Yep, only pavement for me from now on... ;)

I don't currently feel the need to paint my EXO... but if I did, I'd probably get the same guy to do it for consistency. I took some pics of the test plate at lunch... I'll see if I can upload them tonight. Still need to convince him to go to darker shadings, but I like what I've seen so far. Probably will get it done next month!

Yep, only pavement for me from now on... ;)

I don't currently feel the need to paint my EXO... but if I did, I'd probably get the same guy to do it for consistency. I took some pics of the test plate at lunch... I'll see if I can upload them tonight. Still need to convince him to go to darker shadings, but I like what I've seen so far. Probably will get it done next month!

Dude, That looks sweet. !@! I am green with envy

Concept05.jpg

Going to the painter's today at lunch to look at a test plate he's painted...
What? you sore because it DIDN'T rain on us, and you want to bring your own?

That looks cool.

Also follow this link for another custom job

Test plate looked good yesterday... so I think we're gonna do it. Probably take him about 2 weeks, and will get started on/around 11/6.

Fencer - nah, it's related to all the storms I saw (but mostly avoided) on the way to Reno...

Todd Witte's '03 bumble bee:
SP-0360.jpg

Pixs by DougC IBR 2003 and from HMarc/Micapeak
The last time I saw this bike in person, it was on its side, leaving the Holiday Inn for the start of the '03 IBR. A goldwing was right in front of Brian, and the Wing zagged when it looked like it was going to zig.

So far, none of the paint jobs pictured in the thread look better than a stock paint job... and all likely make the bike worth less if the desire to sell or trade arises... but keep posting pics. The concept of a better paint scheme is intriguing.

Dan23.... Resale doesn't come into it.....it's the want of making the bike your own, to show your individuality, your taste (or lack of)....it's like the old saying....one person's dream....no?....ok how about freedom of expression, or whatever floats your boat?

So far, none of the paint jobs pictured in the thread look better than a stock paint job... and all likely make the bike worth less if the desire to sell or trade arises... but keep posting pics.
Opinions are like bellybuttons and other anatomical parts... everybody has one. But you can be sure nobody will mistake my bike for theirs at WFO-6...

Opinions are like bellybuttons and other anatomical parts... eveybody has one. But you can be sure nobody will mistake my bike for theirs at WFO-6...
Heck, you did that at WFO-5! :rofl:

[SIZE=8pt]Baaaad, Madmike, bad, bad, bad. Heh-heh-heh-heh! [/SIZE] :yahoo:

Opinions are like bellybuttons and other anatomical parts... eveybody has one. But you can be sure nobody will mistake my bike for theirs at WFO-6...

Not true... if you came at my bike from the left, you'd never know there was anything wrong with it. Just once you got to the right side that it looked "unique"... ;) Plus, that's not the look I was going for.... :)

Not true... if you came at my bike from the left, you'd never know there was anything wrong with it. Just once you got to the right side that it looked "unique"... ;) Plus, that's not the look I was going for.... :)
Sure...my contribution wasn't wanted then. Fine. L8R B)

Nice post. I've been toying with the idea of adding some detail to my FJR. Nothing too extravagant though. What does a custom paint job roughly cost? I figure a lot depends on the detail of the job, how much effort/surface area etc? My wife will ever let me spend the moola but I know someday she'll want to detail her Mazda6 so the day may come for my baby!

+++Doh... just saw the other thread so nevermind.

Dan23.... Resale doesn't come into it.....it's the want of making the bike your own, to show your individuality, your taste (or lack of)....it's like the old saying....one person's dream....no?....ok how about freedom of expression, or whatever floats your boat?
Now, wait a goddamn minute. The thread takes off from here like someone said something negative about painting your bike the way you want! What are you guys? A bunch of frikken babies?

EDIT: Umm... that sounds a bit harsh (understatement)... but seriously, if you read my post... you will see that my intent was not critical.

Don't know if either of these were in any of the above links, but here goes..........

RobertArmitagesAngryHornet.jpg

MarcCoopersCustomFeejer.jpg

Oh, and MsLilly - Don't forget the required license plate bracket.................................

biatchplateframe.jpg

I love all these beautiful bikes! FJRFencer...that paint job will be incredible! Love it! Thanks everyone for the links. I have no idea what I'm going to do but seeing all these different bikes gives me ideas. I do think that Yellow (even though I love it) might be a bit too much for the FJR. Alot of yellow rolling down the road. But then, maybe the cars will see me a little better!