Cycle Cover

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PARK NEXT TO A TREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Parking under trees = sap and bird poo all over your bike. It will save your bacon if your kickstand slips/sinks, though :)

If looking for a full cover, Wallyworld has them, decent quality. FJR get's a XL.
Best part, $20....

+1

We took it with us on our trip to TN. It has grommets at the bottom you can put a cable lock through and has cloth inset inside of the windsheild portion of the cover . Fit the bike very well (over 4+4 Cee Bailey and Yam trunk)

Photo of it on my FJR behind me and the R6:

https://tinyurl.com/3dpavq

It's not 100% waterproof, but the bike was pretty dry after a hard afternoon rain. Packs into a supplied stuff sack..about 4x7x11 uncompressed.

KM

Update on Nelson-Rigg bike cover that I ordered.....

Model is MC-100. $39.95

I really like it. It's a full cycle cover and size XL easily fits over saddlebags.

It's lightweight and stuffs into a relatively small bag. This will be great for taking on trips as it doesn't take up a lot of space. I'll also use it to cover bike at work.

So, if you are looking for a lightweight cover, I recommend you consider this one.

I've used Nelson Rigg covers before and have been very happy with them. A quality cover.

Ralph

Covermax half cover for $30 - $35 at either Competition Accessories or Iron Pony. I think got a large for FJR.

Covers the windshield, controls, and seat. Back of the cover fits nice and snug around the Givi trunk. The rear has loops which I run around the rear saddle bag mount point thingy - this locks the cover to the bike, making it at least inconvenient if someone really wanted to steal that cover.

It does leave the saddle bags exposed, but oh, well.

Packs into a nice, convenient sized carrying bag which has straps if you want to tie it down outside of a trunk / saddle bag.