CYCLE PORT GEAR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They will have pleated kangaroo pockets that make you look fat.
Dude, it's not the pants. :p I kid because we could be twins.

Seriously, the overpants idea is pretty cool. I can go from shorts underneath in summer, to long johns, jeans, liner, overpants in winter. Same pants. Once you have it down, they come on and off in ten seconds. And as for fashion, i'm a middle aged man. Nobody's looking at my ass anyway. If you buy them as riding pants only, to fit tighter, you lose the option of taking them off and locking them to the bike so you can walk around in jeans at the park or beach or wherever. And the pockets are useful too. But it is true that if you tell Wayne what you want, he can make them any way you want. They also have side pocket flaps that go through to your jeans or shorts. I don't carry much in my pockets when I ride. I have bags etc. for that, but they have come in handy at quick stops to put keys, wallet etc. in. Black seems to be the best color. Reflective stripes help keep you safe at night, and I did not really like the rest of the colors. And considering my shape, I like the black best-it's slimming- right Paladin? ;)

Thanks Guys.

I'm buying a set and geting leathers later for the track.

I hand a olyimpia air mesh that that was very functional, but after taking a look at it after some pavement time I want something stronger! The air mesh was the first gear I was able to were all the time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Update: a few weeks ago I ordered the Air Mesh Kevlar Pants. Shipment is scheduled at the end of April. This will be perfect when my riding season really starts to kick-off. Thanks again for all the good tips on this thread. I made sure they are tailored not to fit as over-pants (nice tip Paladin). I specified no motorcycle emblem on the waistband and no reflective tape on the sides. Pure stealth baby...all black! I was also charged an extra $50 dollars on the pants for complete thigh and leg armor. My main concern with the added protection, will these pants be too bulky to pack in my saddlebags? I may want to ride in my summer shorts! ;) LOL…just kidding. Will try to report back in the future on my satisfaction. Cheers.

jkarp Posted: Dec 7 2005, 09:25 AM My Ultra II Kevlar jacket and pants should be in by the end of the month. I'll post a review once I've received them.
Jkarp, did you receive your gear?

They will be more stretchable, maybe more comfortable...but hot as hell. Cool weather riding only.
I had them, sold them. Too damn hot. And on the FJR, you'll roast your nuts off.

Get the mesh and the liner.
Paladin, I think you have me convinced. My gut instinct on the Air Mesh appears to be the best way to go. I can always dress up…but I can never dress down. :blushing: Great info. Thanks.

Paladin, I am also in the Milwaukee area. Next spring check out Two Wheel Tuesdays (local bike night in Milwaukee). We certainly have enough Galaxy Blue FJRs and could use a little more color with your soon to be Cobalt Blue. ;)
Just saw your post...sorry it took me so long to reply.

I am in Brookfield, and get to Culvers for TWT now and then. Will be looking for you. PM me if you wanna schedule some riding time.

I can show you my Motoport mesh pants, if you are interested.

will these pants be too bulky to pack in my saddlebags?
They are pretty bulky and stiff.

Good luck on your April delivery date. Wayne is not known for being on time. Worth the wait, though.

My main concern with the added protection, will these pants be too bulky to pack in my saddlebags? I may want to ride in my summer shorts! ;) LOL…just kidding.
I can fit one piece in each sidebag, even with the liners in. However, I usually cable lock them to the rack and keep the sidebags available for other stuff.

Update: a few weeks ago I ordered the Air Mesh Kevlar Pants. Shipment is scheduled at the end of April.
jkarp Posted: Dec 7 2005, 09:25 AM My Ultra II Kevlar jacket and pants should be in by the end of the month. I'll post a review once I've received them.
So..... lets hear a report. how do you like these pants? :unsure: They look like a good choice now that summer is here and the Aerostich Roadcrafter is getting a bit hot. Love to hear how these are working out

Update: a few weeks ago I ordered the Air Mesh Kevlar Pants. Shipment is scheduled at the end of April.

So..... lets hear a report. how do you like these pants? :unsure: They look like a good choice now that summer is here and the Aerostich Roadcrafter is getting a bit hot. Love to hear how these are working out
I bought a set of Cycleport Air Mesh pants and jacket 2 years ago and I would give them a 10 out of 10 rating. Very comfortable and great protection. Nice to know if I dump the bike at speed I have a chance of walking away without my suit shredding or melting on to my skin. I think alot of people know they are kidding themselves about the real protection they will have when the going gets tough. I had a set of Firstgear Airmesh pants and jacket before my Cycleport suit. Their stuff was just as comfortable but I had no confidence it would save my hide. Once you wear the Cycleport suit you will definitely feel confident in the level of protection you get

I own the mesh kevlar jacket and pants in black. Rinding in Texas in 90+ degree heat, they work great. The jacket is a bit bulky, but that may help flow some air also. I've not yet needed the crash protection, buit the rest of the clothing is top notch. I also have the GoreTes liners, so the outfit should work down to about 45 degrees and be comfortable without much extra underlayers, or electric assistance.

I had the Air Mesh Kevlar Ultra II (or whatever) pants last year & just received the 3/4 length matching jacket with the dual liners. My pants liners are on back order.

I'm a little disenchanted that they have a "made in China" tag & also have the gereric XXL size label. I was under the impression that the stuff was made here in Wayne's shop to custom sizes. I have no complaints about the quality, though. I just took them to the local laundromat & washed them in an attempt to soften them up. They were as stiff as wearing cardboard.

The observation that the bulk & weight disappears while riding hits the nail on the head. I also think the multiple pockets will go to waste.

I only wish I had bought them a long time ago instead of buying heavy leathers & strap on armor.

dobias :glare: