Cycleport Gear

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SacramentoMike

Not Safe For Work
Reaction score
Driving through downtown Sacramento today, I came up behind half a dozen riders in a tight bunch--two abreast and very closely spaced. Took a second to realize they were local cops doing one of their new-rider training rides, with the plain white helmets, no regular uniforms, but they had the blue lights behind. and of course police BMWs when I got up next to them. Main reason I didn't recognize them right away from the back was the jackets--plain black with a wide horizontal reflective stripe across the shoulders--just like mine!

I pulled up next to them at a light and got one guy's attention. "Is that Cycleport gear you're all wearing?"

He answers "Yeah, how did you know that?" I told him I had a set just like it. They all had the full gear on, jackets and overpants. Looked sharp. The local guys don't wear it working, but they must use it for training the new guys who I suppose are more likely to fall off and go sliding down the road. They were using the kevlar mesh just like a lot of ours, and I'll vouch for it every day of my life. Saved me some ugly rock burns one day. Thought you'd be interested to hear it.