cycleport/motoport evaluatuion

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And that motherf***er Airboss. You bastard! You got me totally jonesing for that leather transit suit. Just checked it out and read some reviews. Nice. Very nice. Freaking $1500. It's gonna have to wait a while, but it's on the list. Wonder how it will do in the 100+, or even 105-110+ temps of the southwest 'dry heat'. Damn you Airboss! I WAAAANT one.
airboss, griff and I will be heading through southern Utah (Bryce and Zion) in May before heading over through Nevada to Death Valley. C'mon up for a little ride to Utah to check out the suit if you can keep your little monkey butt in the FJR saddle long enough to get up there. :rolleyes:

Highest temps I rode in where low 90's. suit vents very well and did good at those temps.

We going to see you there scoot?

...Wonder how it will do in the 100+, or even 105-110+ temps of the southwest 'dry heat'.
GSB253.jpg
Yeah, Dry Heat, That's how they make Raisins isn't it.

...totally jonesing for that leather transit suit. Freaking $1500.
Less -- $150 (if you go to Duluth MN to pick it up...).
Go to the Warehouse......get and extra 10% off anything you buy.

You got me totally jonesing for that leather transit suit. Just checked it out and read some reviews. Nice. Very nice. Freaking $1500.
Do you remember that guy we ran into on the way to LOE @ Pie Town, wearing one of those suits? I don't care how perforated it is; a black leather suit + PHX summer can't be comfortable. See if they'll make you one with ass-less chaps...those should vent better.

I tried the Stitch first but after a 300 mile ride I returned it due to not the right fit for me. Bought the stretch kevlar cycleport and like it. Breathes well but is fugly (I don't see it while wearing it). Sucks about having to wear rain gear under it but nice that it can be washed with out removing the pads.

The best gear is the gear you don't think about while wearing. Good luck with the stitch!

+1 on Pete's comments

A stich owner friend of mine sold me on Olympia gear at 50% off the cost of the stich. Same materials.

I have not "tested" my gear, but have no real complaints assuming off the shelf sizing will work for you.

Also a big +1 for the Cycleport gear. Unlike SacMike and DCarver, I do like the liners for cold. The rain liner plus quilted liner in the jacket keeps me toasty on chilly rides. Biggest downside for me is I can't make the gear fit in the sidecase, which is about the only attribute I really miss when comparing CP to my old lightweight, flimsy stuff. I loved being able to stow all my gear securely on the bike so I could wear my 'civvies'.

Biggest downside for me is I can't make the gear fit in the sidecase, which is about the only attribute I really miss when comparing CP to my old lightweight, flimsy stuff. I loved being able to stow all my gear securely on the bike so I could wear my 'civvies'.
Same issue with both my Darien and Roadcrafter Aerostich gear. They would probably fit as shipped from the factory, but I can't see riding without a back protector and hip pads. All those extra pads make any gear too bulky to fit in sidecases. :(

I have the Mesh jacket and Mesh jeans, my wife has the mesh jeans. The jeans (did not buy the liners) are terrific, light, cool on a 105 degree day and fine on a 60 degree day. I have done an 8 mile hike in them on a hot day and did not really miss my blue jeans. The Jacket is built like a tank and is similar in size/bulk. I am tall and thin. Sent in my measurements with my order and was sent an off the rack XL. Roughly two of me could cram into that jacket. Elbow armor did not fit over the points of my elbows (zero protection). The cuffs were huge. It took a lot of work to force a glove over them. I was told to try reversing the armor to see if it would line up with my elbows. It did not. I sent the jacket and liners back on my dime to be sized to fit me. $100 to do this. Jacket was somewhat better, cuffs fit my wrists, liner had cuffs so small I could not put the liner on, elbow armor still did not line up with my elbows. Sent the liner back on my dime. It is now ok. I have stuffed T-pro armor into the elbows and it covers my elbows as long as I adjust it each time I put the jacket on.

Believe it or not I actually like the jacket. Protective, cool on very hot days, usuable pockets, warm on cold days even to the point where I would be using an electric vest in any of my other jackets.

I would spend my money elsewhere if looking for a new jacket. Love the jeans, would buy them again.