D & D cans

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cranky Yankee

Reaction score
Anyone care to comment on D & D cans? I had read elsewhere they were cheaply made and overloud, but I just saw and heard a pair on a 'Busa, and that wasn't my impression at all. Looked well-made, and sounded deep and not too loud. No raspy overtones. Guy on the bike said they were his 3rd pair, puts them on each new bike, loves them.

I had D&D's on Frank, and found them to be well made, fit well, lined up nice, and sounded great. I sold them to another member here when I went to the Holeshot Header, who will echo my sentiments. The comments I generally heard from other FJR owners upon hearing them was "they sound great!". They just didn't cost a fortune, and so don't have the big bling factor important to some.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had D&D's on Frank, and found them to be well made, fit well, lined up nice, and sounded great. I sold them to another member here when I went to the Holeshot Header, who will echo my sentiments. The comments I generally heard from other FJR owners upon hearing them was "they sound great!". They just didn't cost a fortune, and so don't have the big bling factor important to some.
I've got Rad's old D&D's on my feejer and I like 'em just fine. At one point Skoot and I had our bike running side by side (he has Holeshot slipons) to see what the difference was. I think the D&D's were slightly louder than his Holeshots, but not by a whole lot.

I was considering them for use with a Holeshot header. You sold yours rather than go that route. Fit problem, or just wanted to go the whole enchilada with Dale's system?

Paul