Damned Sidestand

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toecutter

What would DoG do?
Reaction score
Just nicked it with the spectacles and over it went. Not much damage I can see though.

DSC01449.jpg

wink.gif

I have great fix for that.

Get some epoxy and glue the foot of the stand down. Also, put a dab on the stop to keep it extended so it doesn't fold up when the earth moves.

Of course, you won't be able to ride it if you use good glue, but you can't have your cake and eat it too.

My '04 has been parked in the garage for about 10 consecutive days now and, so far, it hasn't moved an inch. But I have a camera system to monitor it just in case. And sometimes when I open the door, a breeze blows in there so I put pillows all around it as a backup.

So, you left coast guys have your side stand on the right side........must get your bikes from urep :p

Where'd you get the model? Slick!

I could see glueing on some frame sliders, removing the bag reflectors, putting on a tall shield...

Clickey

Actually, I think the sidestand is a bit long, which could easliy be fixed with some light grinding from an emery board. It tends to go over the other way too easy. I thought I had the problem solved once I moved it to where the cat couldn't get to it.

Clickey

Actually, I think the sidestand is a bit long, which could easliy be fixed with some light grinding from an emery board. It tends to go over the other way too easy. I thought I had the problem solved once I moved it to where the cat couldn't get to it.
So -

Are you going to contact Skyway for some sliders now? Eh? :huh:

If you had installed his tie-down version, this would not have happened. Bad Toe. :lol: