Datel Voltmeter Install (PICS)

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nice Rumble

Reaction score
I installed the meter in panel A. I had seen pics of it installed in panel D but on my '06 there is no room with the fuses plus the battery.

I originally had the grip heaters switch in the blank nock out in panel A. I moved that switch further up and placed the Datel in it's place.

It really wasn't that hard to cut out a hole to slip the meter into. I placed masking tape down first and then scribed the outline of the meter with an Exacto knife. I then drilled holes inside the lines to allow the blade of my jig saw to fit. Drilled the 4 lines and cleaned it up with the Exacto knife. Datel provides a U shaped clip to hold the meter in place from underneath. If you do screw up the hole Datel sells a bezel to cover up the mistakes. Ran a + and - wire to my Blue Sea and it was good to go.

Do you really need a voltmeter? No, but if you run some electrical accessories it's nice to know your not running your battery down. You can purchase it here:

https://www.digitalmeter.com/

At 12.5 volts, I think I need to turn my Battery Tender back on.

IMG_0986.jpg

IMG_0992.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Not much room at all. Nice install, I wound up putting mine in the fairing below panel D using a RotoZip & file.

DSC04766.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I figured panel A would be cheaper to replace than the painted tupperware if I screwed up. Yours looks good thou. Brave man.

Looks like you could use a cover for that on/off swtich to keep the water out. Something like THIS can be found at any marine supply store. Nice job on the Datel install, I'm about to put one in the same place.