Datel Voltmeter

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brazos parker

What??
Reaction score
I went to www.datel.com to find the datel voltmeter for the FJR. Can someone confirm which one is the one for the FJR? I think it's DMS-20PC-1-DCM.

Is there a better place to order the Datel?

Also, is there anything else that needs to be ordered w/ this part? like, a mounting bracket/bezel or some such?

I went to Rat Shack today to get some pieces-parts for my planned farkle fest in January...got a 30a fuse holder, 30a blade fuse, a 30a relay, connectors and shrink tubing to hook up my Blue Sea fuse block. Already have the heat-resistant fiberglass sheathing from J. C. Whitney.

Still have to order the Powerlet outlets...can't decide exactly what I need...I hate it when that happens! :angry:

I am going "where this 'electrically-challenged FJR pilot' has never gone before." Should be learning experience, at least.

Yes , that's the correct # if you want only one decimal point , which is the type you do want. The two decimal point meter is always changing and you don't need that on the FJR. ;)

You'd only need the bezel if you goof up and cut your mounting hole too large. :)

And from what I've read on the boards the blue may be too bright at night for some riders.

You'd only need the bezel if you goof up and cut your mounting hole too large. :) And from what I've read on the boards the blue may be too bright at night for some riders.
So has anyone mounted it on the #4 dash panel without a bezel? I have to admit that I may be a dipshit but I've cracked two panels with that mother#*@^$ bezel. The second time I was *really* careful not to torque the screws down but I went out into the garage about two days after I thought I was done and, sure enough, the panel was cracked all around the bezel. The problem being that there isn't actually a totally flat piece of real estate anywhere on the dash large enough to mount that damned bezel.

I cut and filed a nice hole in the panel and put the clip on the back, I really didn't *need* a bezel. I probably could put a discreet bead of black RTV on the thing to keep water from leaking down into the dash around the meter.

I'm pretty frustrated at this point and may only put in my Powerlet outlet and leave the Datel in the project box until I figure out where else I could put it.

Cheers,

Jim

Last edited by a moderator:
Do I need to order a bezel too? Any thoughts on red vs. blue LED's?
Some have done excellent installed without the bezel. You decide your skill level. I got the bezel.

jp-02.jpg

I personally would pass on the blue because it plays hell with my night vision. I wish they'd go back to a red high beam indicator on cars and bikes.

I ordered from Bike meter.com Fast shipping. I also used a bezel. The slip-on plate the comes with the meter is big. And won't fit where Bounce mounted his. I also mounted mine in the same place. Whats nice about the bezel.. It makes it look more finished. The bezel holds it in place. Plus you can use the gasket as a template for all your drilling/cutting> Good luck, Smitty ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I went to Rat Shack today to get some pieces-parts for my planned farkle fest in January... shrink tubing ...
save yourself countless amounts of hassle and buy some 3m brand shrink tubing. The radio shack stuff is absolute crap, and if you really like it I've got a pack with 1 section missing at the house you're welcome to.

This goes double if I'm helping!

save yourself countless amounts of hassle and buy some 3m brand shrink tubing. The radio shack stuff is absolute crap
Is the 3M shrink tubing available locally? or, does it have to be ordered?

Thanx for the tip...I did get RatShack shrink tubing.

I think you can find it at lowes or home depot, but L&S electronics would be my first stop. They are in one of the old ratty brick buildings downtown at roan & st. of franklin.

Thanx, SnP

I'm going to L&S tomorrow to get some spade connectors that will accomodate 10 ga wire...didn't have these at RatShack. I'll pick up some shrink tubing while I'm there.