Dauntless Hitch

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steelpony

Reaction score
Looking for someone who has a dauntless hitch that can tell me the approx height of the top of the ball. I have a 08 and looking to install a hitch to pull a Aluma trailer that stayed around after the goldwing sell. It looks like from some of the pics that the trailer might be nose up, trying to figure out if I need to plan on doing something to the trailer tounge so everything sits close to level. Thanks .....

Mine is 15 and a half to the base of the ball, add 2 1/2 to 2 3/4 for the ball (depending on type etc) and it sits at +/- 18 inches.

Hope this helps.

Griff

I have an '05 with a Dauntless hitch. the top of the ball is 15 inches from the ground. My hitch has a rail on the top with five holes allowing for adjusting up and down. My hitch is in the center hole. Looks like an inch or more up or down is possible with the alternate holes.

The Gen II hitches are different.

For what it's worth my Bushtec hitch is 16" at teh top of the plate where the hitch pin is mounted (they don't use a ball).

And your preload sag on the bike is going to change the height too. Does your trailer accomodate using 16" tires? If it's got the smaller 10 or 12 inch tires, you may want to go bigger if you can.

Last edited by a moderator: