Daytona 675

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fjrokie

Reaction score
Are there any other FJR owners who also have Triumph Daytona 675?

I bought 06 Daytona 675 last summer and have really enjoyed it.

I have put 6000 miles on it with no problems.

For a small bike it has tons of power and plenty of torque.

The sound of the exhaust alone is enough reason to buy the bike.

Its not the best tool for long distances but I have found it more comfortable that I thought it would be.

I love my FJR, just returned from 2500 mile trip to New Mexico but when it comes to pure joy of riding you need to try one of these bikes. Im headed to Arkansas on it this weekend.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm thinking very seriously about getting one. That, or the GSXR750. I want something a little more appropriate for the track.

I have never riden one, but I have only heard positive reviews about the 675 except for the seat height.

For the same reason that you like your 675 is why I have not sold my TLR. I take her out once or twice a week and listen to her exhaust music and take her for a ride through the twisty roads. When I get home I am convinced that I must have a sport bike and my FJR....Life is good.

I wish I could stop the clock so I don't have to age anymore :blink:

Came real close to getting a 675...but.....ya only live once -

IMG_0994.jpg

The only thing I can think to say is ..........................................................................................

YOU SUCK! :angry:

Came real close to getting a 675...but.....ya only live once -
IMG_0994.jpg

I have never riden one, but I have only heard positive reviews about the 675 except for the seat height.For the same reason that you like your 675 is why I have not sold my TLR. I take her out once or twice a week and listen to her exhaust music and take her for a ride through the twisty roads. When I get home I am convinced that I must have a sport bike and my FJR....Life is good.

I wish I could stop the clock so I don't have to age anymore :blink:
I am only 5'9 with short legs and I have no problem. The 675 is so narrow that it is less of a reach to the ground and it is so light that moving around is no problem.

I was alittle afraid of bike with a chain but in 6000 miles it has barely moved. The only problem I have is keeping my son off of it. The other day he brought it home with a broken mirror. After i refused to believe it just fell off going down the road he finally fessed up to popping a wheelie to high got scared and slammed front end down causing mirror to break.

My SiL has a 600 and really likes it. He keeps getting quicker through the twisties and I have to keep working harder and harder to stay ahread. Pulling out of the corners and powering out to the straights is where the FJR will smoke him. He's full of the indestructability that I left somewhere along the way.

He's eying the 675 and has heard good things about it. At about 6', the Ninja 636 he had me test ride for him was a little too crunchy of a riding position for an every day street bike. The riding position and air flow around the 600 is much better for that IMO. With his Micron cans, his sounds great.

Not to hijack the thread too far, but on the subject of trumpets... anybody have experience on a speed triple?
I have ridden several Speed Triples. Here is what I have gleaned from these rides.

Obviously no wind protection- its amaing how people I have heard complain that they do not have wind protection after they ride one. Do they think there is an invisible fairing or something?

Low end power is impressive. It comes on off idle and pulls hard through the mid-range. It wheelies with great ease. I am talking power wheelies not clutch-ups. Power does not have that top end rush that the I-4s have. If I had to compare the power delivery, i would compare it to the FJR. Smooth, linear, and no spot in the upper rpms where it starts to pull you arms out of their sockets. For an example of that, see any litre super sport bike- or FZ1.

Fuel management is flawless with one exception. I know a Triumph dealer and that is where the following comes from. The 05-06 Speed Trips and Sprints suffered from a fuel management problem that made them hard to start and easy to foul plugs. This has been corrected for 07 and if your dealer is nice, maybe they will remap the 05-06 for you to 07 specs. Besdies that though, it is the tied for the nicest F.I. I have ridden. (add 675 to that list as well)

Brakes are excellent. They stop NOW. I'd say they are as good as any I have used on a non-super sport bike. There are reports that some front brakes have issues with sponginess and that it can be overcome. Reports of that seem about as common as ticking FJRs.

Handling- For my weight, about 200 in gear, it is sprung well and the suspension seems very balanced and suitable for my weight and riding style. It turns in willingly and holds its line with ease. The suspension eats up road irregularities with a smile. One of the best suspensions I have ridden on a stock bike for just going down a road in comfort. It inspires confidence.

Seating- opinions vary a lot of course. It felt almost exactly like my FZ1, the difference being the wider flatter bars of the Triple. I could ride one a long way.

Attitude- the exhaust sounds great especially with an aftermarket pipe. The first one I rode was an 05 with Triumphs off-road exhaust. I gave it some throttle and it sounded like all sorts of hell was breaking loose behind me. The "odd" roar of the triple is intoxicating. The stock 06 I rode was quieter and still appealing in sound quality, but... I'd need that aftermarket can.

Fit and finish- I have been a Triumph fan for years and wish they would become even more competitive. That said, they have limitations. Researching triumphrat shows that there are some repeatitive problems with several models. The Speed triple has a few issues regarding quality. Oddly enough the 675 seems really well built in comparison. The Sprint ST seems even worse than the Speed Triple and includes a recall for a defective drag link bolt- a recall that I was instrumental in getting Triumph to issue.

Would I own one? Yes, I would own a 675, or Speed Triple, or a Sprint ST. But not as my only bike, and only because I can do my own work on them.

I am very interested in seeing what the naked 675 is like... That could be real special if they keep the weight near the 675's weight.

Hope you find this useful.

Last edited by a moderator:
And to put this back on track...

I love the 675. It is extremely light, quick, and massively uncomfortable. In short, it is what it is. It is a small displacement bike that turns real well.

The power delivery is much like the Speed Triple and with its light weight and excellent torque curve, it pulls much better from down low than any 600 supersport. It also runs out of top end unlike any 600 super sport though. My CBR 600 would have choked and died if I had tried to make it go at 30 mph in 6th. I did that with the 675 and it accellerated without much trouble. Those 53 ft-lbs coming online as low as they do are very nice, compared to 44 or so coming on at over 10k rpm.

675 owners report that the suspension is the weak link but I thought it was fine for what I would use a bike like that for- canyons and the occasional track day. It is uncomfortable compared to a standard or sport tourer. Compared to another SS it isn't any worse than most. Foot pegs are highe, grips are low, but that is the nature of a racing inspired bike.

I really liek the 675

Latest posts