DC JACK. ANY ONE USE IT?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skyking

Reaction score
The dc jack in the accessory box, on the 06. I made an adaptor that fits into the socket so its now like a bmw style plug. Has anyone run the wire out side the box? I see a small hole at the bottom, (of the box) were the wire may be able to run thru.Once out side things like a vest can be pluged in. Looking for suggestions...ideas. Thanks in advance.

If you take the plug out of the bottom of the box, you have hole about 1 inch across. I have my XM radio plugged into it. There is also lot's of room under the panel directly behind the box, towards the tank for additional plug-ins etc.

Tom

If you run a wire through the hole at the bottom of the box, just where do you think any water that collects will wind up?

Every time i ride i use mine, Got to charge up the video batteries ;) 12volt dc on the right black panel below handle bar short fuse and wire to the battery, Bought my set up at Westmarine 12volt cig lighter, short one

Jdog

If you run a wire through the hole at the bottom of the box, just where do you think any water that collects will wind up?
If you take about 3 seconds and remove the rubber grommet that the little hole goes through, you will have a big hole with enough room for wires, and the water will run out the bottom and go down the inside of the fairing like it did with the small hole.... :good:

The dc jack in the accessory box, on the 06. I made an adaptor that fits into the socket so its now like a bmw style plug. Has anyone run the wire out side the box? I see a small hole at the bottom, (of the box) were the wire may be able to run thru.Once out side things like a vest can be pluged in. Looking for suggestions...ideas. Thanks in advance.
Yes I use it to power an XM Radio and Lowrance GPS. put a double cigar plug in the receptacle in the left box. no problems.

I seem to recall somebody saying that Aux power outlet had a fairly small fuse, might not handle an electric vest.

The socket in the glove box only has a 3 amp fuse so its great for a cell phone charger, sat radio, or radar detector but forget the heated gear or the air pump. Its an impractical spot. Your better off adding a couple of sockets in more convenient locations.

I seem to recall somebody saying that Aux power outlet had a fairly small fuse, might not handle an electric vest.

The socket in the glove box only has a 3 amp fuse so its great for a cell phone charger, sat radio, or radar detector but forget the heated gear or the air pump. Its an impractical spot. Your better off adding a couple of sockets in more convenient locations.

I agree. I plugged a slime air compressor into my factory aux DC outlet and blew the three amp fuse. I checked the literature on my slime pump and it says it requires 10 amps at 12 VDC to operate and recommends a circuit with a 15 amp fuse. I'm going to add another circuit or two but I don't know if I will be able to add a 15 amp one. Does anyone on the forum know if I can run that hot a circuit? Anyone know how much current electric grip warmers and electric vests need?

Thanks,

FJRayJ