de-advertising....

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shu

Reaction score
OK, after dropping large change on the '06, i feel no need to advertise for yamamama or to provide warnings to the darwin award set. first, got the lawyer stickers off, at least the ones with NO useful information. then took off the dorky tuning fork emblems. the tank REALLY looks good without those things if you ask me.

now i'm looking at the bags and thinking there must be a way to get rid of the "yamaha" on there. anybody got a trick or solution for that? next, we silver over the "FJR" font on the side panels, or something....

thanks,

shu

Something like this...

fjra.jpg

The "FJR" on the front is just a sticker and it pulls right off. I also removed the reflectors from the bags. I haven't removed the tank logo, but I'm thinking about doing it today.

If you're talking about the Yamaha in the black bumper strip, you can pretty much forget about it.

It's molded into the rubber part, and if you removed the whole thing. you expose the ugly molding plug.

I took the badges and stickers off except the small tuning fork logo on the nose. I personally like the cleaner look with the FJR on silver. As for the bags -- I ride without them unless I really need them. The bike looks clean.

Something like this...
fjra.jpg

The "FJR" on the front is just a sticker and it pulls right off. I also removed the reflectors from the bags. I haven't removed the tank logo, but I'm thinking about doing it today.

Is the Reflector just a stick on...? Was wondering that myself.. How do you get that off....

I took off everything myself as well... except the FJR sticker... I think it looks cool...

Last edited by a moderator:
I recall an old thread that the reflector is a stick on. Warm it up with a hair dryer and cut through with mono fishing line. then remove residue with goo gone or alcohol. Didn't do it though, they don't bother me.

the tank REALLY looks good without those things if you ask me.
I'm with you on this. I really like the looks of the bike with the tank badges and lawyer stickers gone.

now i'm looking at the bags and thinking there must be a way to get rid of the "yamaha" on there. anybody got a trick or solution for that? next, we silver over the "FJR" font on the side panels, or something....
I'd be interested in seeing pics of any good solution to removing the advertising from the saddle bags. It looks like you could remove the rubber/plastic strips and pop the plastic cover off the Yamaha logos and maybe black that out somehow. I'm also interested in removing the tuning forks from the nose. I'd have done it by now, but it looks like I'd leave a bas-relief disk if I took the emblem off, which I figure would be uglier.

As for the FJR emblem below the saddle - I kind of like that one.

Rogdeb bought some of that stick-on reflective material, then cut it to fit and applied it over the "Yamaha" in the rubber bump strip.

Sorry, no picture.

The nose tuning forks is just stuck on. I know this because when the center peice was replaced it didn't come with it. The dealer gave it to me after to put on and I didn't put it on. Could see putting it back on.

OK, after dropping large change on the '06, i feel no need to advertise for yamamama or to provide warnings to the darwin award set.

I can understand the warning labels need to go, but what are you saying? you don't want anyone to know that you ride a Yamaha FJR? Are you ashamed of it or something?

Joking aside here, I don't think the bike has more than a subtle touch of "advertising"..I lost count of how many folks , stand right next to my bike, ask "what is that? who makes it?"

The only place that actualy says Yamaha is the 1-1/2 inch label on the side cases and the stamping on the stator cover. The 'FJR" below the seat kinda blends into the bike too. Alot of folks do not know the "tuning fork" logo, and most that do, will know exactly which bike your on anyway.

I personaly want to advertise this bike. I think everyone should own one.

KM

The last time I got a performance award the LEO had to ask me what kind of bike I was riding. There really isn't that much advertising on the bike. Personally, I like the tuning forks. I removed the lawyer stickers and thought about taking off the FJR decals from the fairing but have not done so. I don't really like the FJR under the seat on the '06 models, but I don't have that so I don't have to worry about it.

Tank sticker emblems gone, front sticker emblem gone, lawyer stickers gone, front reflectors gone.

Rear reflectors left on for upcoming crash.

OK, after dropping large change on the '06, i feel no need to advertise for yamamama or to provide warnings to the darwin award set.

I can understand the warning labels need to go, but what are you saying? you don't want anyone to know that you ride a Yamaha FJR? Are you ashamed of it or something?

Joking aside here, I don't think the bike has more than a subtle touch of "advertising"..I lost count of how many folks , stand right next to my bike, ask "what is that? who makes it?"

The only place that actualy says Yamaha is the 1-1/2 inch label on the side cases and the stamping on the stator cover. The 'FJR" below the seat kinda blends into the bike too. Alot of folks do not know the "tuning fork" logo, and most that do, will know exactly which bike your on anyway.

I personaly want to advertise this bike. I think everyone should own one.

KM
and that's all good. we're all different. that's why they make this great bike in different COLORS! huh? what? the same color for all bikes of same model and year? boring...

i used to ride a valkyrie, and people used to ask me what kind of harley it was. now admittedly, it had beetle bags and all the emblems were off, but if you can't tell the difference between a boxer 6 and a v-twin, I'M not going to be the one to clue you...

i just like the bike to look clean. i like the look of smooth planes and curves without doo-dads. but if you like the tuning forks, way cool. keep em. i'm not ashamed of yamaha any more than i was of honda. i just don't like stuck-on doo-dads. nor will i wear a yamaha jacket or anything else festooned with logos. i think the doods with harley socks and wallets and shades are pretty hilarious. but it's all good for them, i guess. maybe in the long run it would be better for the sport if they focused on clothing anyway. B)

remember: "loud pipes make noise"

cheers,

shu

..... but if you like the tuning forks, way cool. keep em..............

Oddly to take this to another extreme, I have been seriously considering having the "tuning fork" emblem as a tatoo...with "FJR" underneath...on my left shoulder.

This is just of course a matter of taste, and yes, anyone is free to do whatever they want to their bike...(paint it kawasaki green and confuse 'um!)

My only view of the "naked bike" is that at first glance, much like when someone does the same thing to a car, I think to myself, "MMM, no logos, must have been repainted...wonder if they wrecked it.."

And some bikes are worse than others in this respect, my Vulcan says Kawasaki on the front , on each side of the engine, each side of the tank, and on the handlebar block. This last one is the most idiotic...I own the bike, I know it is a Kawasaki, so why do I every time I get on the thing and look down I see in bold letters in the middle of the bars "KAWASAKI" ??

KM

And I put 05 FJR cowling stickers on my 06 because I thought it looked too plain.

WHAT THE HECK WAS I THINKING! :unsure:

Can someone post up a picture of one without tank emblems ?, I think I'll do it also....Never mind, I just removed the tank emblems & bag reflectors. Looks awesome to me...