De-Farkling - Throttlemeister

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmgrif

Reaction score
I am returning my 08 back to nearly stock? I have removed my Throttlemeister bar ends and am trying to put my original bar ends back in? When installing the Throttlemeister I did not modify any aspect of the original grips! Any ideas about how I can get the bar end closer to the grips? I have lubed and pounded with a rubber mallet?

Really? I thought they fit flush to the grip? Originally I had Salamander bar ends when I first purchased the bike in 08. They didn't work well and I converted to the Throttlemeister which did. That was almost 8 years ago, my advancing years seem to be catching up to me! When I finish removing these and other add-ons I will post the items for sale on this site with pictures.

Last edited by a moderator:
El Toro Joe, wise he is.

s-l225.jpg

(Where else would you clip the other end of your hand guards onto the handlebars?)

Gap is as it should be. My current avatar pic:

(click on image for larger view)

Thanks for your answer. I am unable to view your image link?
Apologies, link in my post corrected.
Thanks for that! My wife and I will be over your way this spring, visiting relatives in Irchester. We have a friend who has a home in Banff Scotland (they live in Vancouver part of the year), where we will spend a couple of weeks before heading to Wales, in order to return some of my fathers ashes to his birth place. I'm in training for more than a few pints! Tennent's is nice!

Thanks for your answer. I am unable to view your image link?
Apologies, link in my post corrected.
Thanks for that! My wife and I will be over your way this spring, visiting relatives in Irchester. We have a friend who has a home in Banff Scotland (they live in Vancouver part of the year), where we will spend a couple of weeks before heading to Wales, in order to return some of my fathers ashes to his birth place. I'm in training for more than a few pints! Tennent's is nice!
Now the complicated bit; because I gave the wrong link in my post, what you quoted in your reply is still causing grief because it's still trying to pick up the wrong link to my thumbnail. Could you edit your post as follows:

Either:

Click the edit link, put the window into "raw" mode by clicking the little switch in the top left; find the line that says something like:

[ url=https://atrophy.lock.net/pe/20100925/index.php?image=DSCF0057.JPG&sz=1 ][ img=https://atrophy.lock.net/pe/20100925/tmp/0_DSCF0057.JPG ]

Note the two instances of "/pe/". Change the 'e' to 'i' in both of those, so it reads:

[ url=https://atrophy.lock.net/pi/20100925/index.php?image=DSCF0057.JPG&sz=1 ][ img=https://atrophy.lock.net/pi/20100925/tmp/0_DSCF0057.JPG ]

Or:

Delete the thumbnail from out of the quote!

Save it, and that annoyance will go away for everyone.

If you can hire a bike, both Scotland and Wales have really nice roads. But make sure you have waterproof gear, it can be cold and wet any time (but can be warm and dry, though rarely hot), and however you travel, get midge repellant for Scotland.

Thanks! We were fortunate a couple of years ago to have the house in Banff for two months! There were times when the weather did get a little blustery? I would love to rent a bike and tour around but unfortunately the wife will not ride, period! When last in the UK the cost of renting a motorcycle was way more expensive than a car so I'm thinking it might be better to purchase a "used" bike to use while there and then sell it after using it? This would require someone in the UK being prepared to find and then help sell the used machine? I spoke with a chap from Minnesota who while holidaying in Scotland had rented a BMW (not sure of the model), and his cost for two weeks was as much as I paid for a car for 2 months! There may be better deals out there but that was one chap I spoke to.