Dealer wouldn't discuss '07.....

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
DVP is formerly Sunnyside, right?

The guy I bought my 06 bought from them. I went up there to get some warranty work done and they really are good people. Give them a shout, see what they can do for you.

As far as future service, your local dealer will do any warranty work, it doesn't have to be the selling dealer.....that is, if you have the dealer do the work.

My bike was bought from Sunnyside and the glove box was broken. I had Sunnyside (now D.V.P.) replace it because they had already ordered it for the previous owner. However, when I had my gauges replaced under warranty for the 17mpg issue (the gauges on the early 06's were messed up if you didn't know that already), I had Beaverton Honda Yamaha replace it. They had no issues working on a bike that wasn't purchased from them.

:assassin: :assassin: :assassin: :clapping:

I know that I had exactly the same issue with my dealer in Eugene. I really wanted to buy locally cuz i think that's important (WTF) so I did, payed full MSRP without any adders. :angry: :angry: :angry: They tried to hook me for all of the other shit, i didn't do it and at the end of the day, i have not walked through their door again. Went down the road about 20 miles and they (cottage grove Yamaha) :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: have done everything else on my scoot. I got the 4 year YES from D&H for 389 and I am one happy camper. Jerry, don't **** with them short-sighted asshats, buy your bike where they appreciate your business and take her there to get her serviced if possible. If not, get the best deal :glare: :glare: :glare: and then do what you gotta do to keep her up and running! Don't let some shithead :angry2: :angry2: :angry2: change your mind about this machine, you willl be amazed and ecstaticl ' bout that fjr, she's "awesome"!!!

ride safe and watch them cagers....

dfp

Ok... so a lot of you guys are saying that you can pick up an 07 for somewhere around $12,300 before T&L. I brought that price up with my local dealer and he won't even talk to me. It's full retail or nothing!!

Rock River PowerSports in Jefferson, WI. '06 AE for 12,199. Vickery in Denver '06 AE 12,600. I followed up on an Ebay auction and asked about strike price at the RRPS, WI who gave me that number. Guess why I know about the Vickery guys... :dribble:

Hey everybody... THANKS FOR ALL OF THE INPUT!!

I made my purchase today over the phone... with (drum roll please)--------------------> Desert Valley in Prosser Washington (formerly Sunnyside Motorcycle Co)

Thinking about taking the bus over and riding back. Just to make things a little clearer... here's what I paid:

FJR $12,675

Documentation Fee $35

Sales Tax $1,093.06

License, Transfer Fee $71.75

Grand Total OTD $13,874.71

And YES, this dealership acts like they want your business. Very professional, very easy to work with and humble.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good for you! I'm sure Dan will give you a big handshake and you get to check out the new digs.

Do yourself a favor and say hi to Guru Glenn with FJRGoodies.com while you're there and stock up some oil, filters, crushwashers....and maybe a couple farkles like TOGs. I think the town of Vader is going to wonder about the cherry metallic blur going through their burg ;)

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEHA!!!

A fellow Max-S Bandit rider has joined the ranks of the FJR world!!

Congrats!!!

You will LOVE this bike!

So, you buy it from the dealer of your choice, and you get it serviced at the dealer of your choice. They don't have to be the same place. Besides. if you hang around here you're bound to start providing your own service at home. Zero miles for that.

I hear ya... good point. Not trying to be a cheap bastard, but I don't think I should be paying $13,799 + set up + tax/license!!
Don't forget freight...

Don't forget freight...
Freight?

There is no "mandatory" freight charge. In fact, most of the quality dealerships don't charge freight. That's just another way for some dealerships to tack on bullshit fees.

D&H in Cullman Alabama is the only way to go... $11779 out the door! No added bullshit charges and they have exceptional customer service. They pick you up at the airport and take you to your hotel. Buy the Y.E.S. through them for only $398.00. My girlfriend just rode back from there to California this past week and will use them for all future motorcycle purchases!

That's just another way for some dealerships to tack on bullshit fees.
Reminds me of the Seinfeld episode where Elaine's boyfriend was selling Jerry a Saab. One of the tack-ons was "Additional overcharge". :lol:

My girlfriend just rode back from there to California this past week and will use them for all future motorcycle purchases!
I hope she took the long way home, and sells it to you just before you try to register it.

I hope she took the long way home, and sells it to you just before you try to register it.
Thar yuh goe, Mr. Toecutter, tryin' to steer up trubble agin'. Nex thang yer gunna try en tell us is thet the eye-denty-fycation code fer summa thems FJRs (FJR13AVC) reeely reeely meens sumpthin' ess differnt fer thems bikes tuh be cummin enta Kaliforny. I 'spose yer gunna try-en kunvince summa the reeders uh this forum thet the Kaliforny Dam V kin tell the differnce. Lahk they'll reely goe tuh the parken lott en check en see them numbers fer themsev's. Hah! Yew noe they doesn't reely kare ef thet byke'll have allah them smog kans en stuff, heck, they all jist let'em enta Kaliforny weth noe prollums. Theys never toll knowbuddy thet they has tuh tek the byke outta state en can never brang et back heer agin. Nosireebob! Heh-heh-heh-heh-heh. Stoopid Kaliforny Dam V en thems laws fer kleen aire. Whutta theys noe, ennyhow.

Last edited by a moderator:
D&H in Cullman Alabama is the only way to go... $11779 out the door! No added bullshit charges and they have exceptional customer service. They pick you up at the airport and take you to your hotel.
I think he got an AE model for a touch under $12,800 with charges before tax.....about a grand higher than an A I bet you're talking about....which would make it a similar bargain at DVP. And even if he got through D&H he would to have paid sales tax. DVP gave him a great deal!

Concur on the freight crap. It's built into the price.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEHA!!!

Congrats!!!

You will LOVE this bike!
Yes... I got a vein in my neck poppin' just thinking about riding my new bike!
Hi Jerry, Good to see you got a good deal and supported a contributor to our community. Now a word to the wise:

Take your radar detector with you when you go get your bike. You can plug it into the glove box acc. plug. Bring some industrial strength velcro and put it on your clutch reservoir. Then mount your detector there. You'll be glad you did on the way home.

These bikes are smooth, quiet, and deceptively fast. And you don't want to be doing the latter when around your local LEOs.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEHA!!!

Congrats!!!

You will LOVE this bike!
Yes... I got a vein in my neck poppin' just thinking about riding my new bike!
Hi Jerry, Good to see you got a good deal and supported a contributor to our community. Now a word to the wise:

Take your radar detector with you when you go get your bike. You can plug it into the glove box acc. plug. Bring some industrial strength velcro and put it on your clutch reservoir. Then mount your detector there. You'll be glad you did on the way home.

These bikes are smooth, quiet, and deceptively fast. And you don't want to be doing the latter when around your local LEOs.
thanks for the advice... but I'll be takin it back to Centralia in the back of my pickup.

I75 Yamaha in Kentucky offered 11,800 for 07'...I passed and bought a crated blue 06' at 11,500 + shipping. :yahoo:

Regards,

B

ANy recommendation for a dealer around Los Angeles?Thanks.
Click->YOC. Yamaha of Cucamonga. They not only stand head & shoulders above the rest, but they're a five-star certified facility. For good reason.
About 3 months ago, I talked to Rancho Cucamonga Yamaha and they didn't talk like they would discount the 07's. Talk to L A Yamaha they may have a competitive price.

I leave for D & H Cycle in Cullman Alabama on Sunday. Price $11,779, of course I will have to pay the sales tax & license fee in what ever state I register it in.

Status
Not open for further replies.