Dealers in chicago area

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As far as I can tell they got about $1200.00 profit out of you.Now you need to make some of that up in parts and install fees.Good luck and thanks for the info.I'm not 100 percent sure of my numbers so if anyone else has any input let me know.

So come on, everybody tell me how badly I got ripped...
I don't think you got ripped on the price of a brand new '08. Yes, the taxes and fees got you .... but what can you do about that?

It's sounds as if you got the bike you want and you're happy with your dealer experience ... and isn't that what counts? Some will say you got hosed but opinions can be like asses ... everybody's got one, they usually stink, and you wouldn't want anything to do with it anyway.

My hat's off to you that you are happy with the dealer. I have yet to find one that I feel is knowledgable, professional, etc. However, this thread has definitely put Rich's Yamaha on my radar!

a good deal is a state of mind....

...but let's not talk about my state of mind... :dribble:

I am looking to get an 08 FJR and was wondering about dealer experiences in the area.I live in westmont and am close to DGY,highlands yamaha, and a dealer in des plaines.A guy I work withs father is a salesmen at champion cycle in chicago.He called him and he said he could give me the bike for $12500.00 plus cook county tax which comes out to $13688.00 out the door.Good deal?That was with chicago taxes.I live in dupage county so that would work out to $13343.75.I have seen dealer invoice for the bike at $11842.00.Add sales tax for dupage county and you have $12641.00.To me this would be rock bottom no profit for the dealer.I went to highlands yamaha and the guy I talked to didn't know a thing about the FJR and didn't seem to care.I knew more about it then he did.Not a good sign.So bottom line who has experiences in the area and what do you think on the prices I threw out there?Way off base or in the ballpark?
P.S.

I have yet to ride the FJR.Who has had a good test ride experience at what dealer?
I just bought my '08 from Hammertime in Belvidere / Rockford. I thought they treated me fairly. Didn't have to pay Cook county taxes either. :yahoo: