Death Valley Next Year

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For the confused, yes there are two DV events next month - just one week apart. I believe advrider's DVD XIII is primarily for multi-brand DS whereas bmwst's DVD event one week earlier over MLK weekend is primarily brand-specific for the pavement challenged. Hey, I'm signed up for that one! If I want dirt, I'll do DV in my Jeep TJ!

Jeff

Gentlemen: What we have here is a failure to communicate! There are two separate and distinct BMW Death Valley Events.
FJRobert: The event we went to last year and stayed at with myself, Dave Cooley and two dozen other AZ Beemers and Fast Tour Riders Group members was Death Valley Daze XII. Death Valley Daze XIII will be held January 25 throught 28th 2008. <snip>

FJRobert: The event we went to last year and stayed at with myself, Dave Cooley and two dozen other AZ Beemers and Fast Tour Riders Group members was Death Valley Daze XII. Death Valley Daze XIII will be held January 25 throught 28th 2008.
Also, we always stay at the Pahrump Nugget. Their cocktail waitresses have the best boob jobs and their slots pay out best!

https://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=258058 and https://www.azbeemers.org/forum/index.php?topic=675.0 has all of this year's information on DVDXIII. FJRobert: Cooleyman and regular cast of characters are going North again.
I'm going to make it to if all goes well , had a great ride last year with you guys !

Jeff: Thanks for reminding this old coot there are actually three BMW events going on in Death Valley over a 4 week window.

www.bmwsporttouring.com goes to Death Valley over the Martin Luther King Holiday Weekend of January 19-21, 2008.

Very next weekend is Death Valley Daze XIII from 1/25-1/28/08, and like Effjay says, it composed of about half GS riders and half RT riders; non-holiday weekend. The MLK crowd as Jeff states are primarily RT's, RS's, LT's and myself on an FJR.

President's Weekend of February 16 through 19 is the BMW Airheads Event where you will see a heavy preponderance of dual sport riding on R80Gs's, R100Gs's, R11XX and R1200 GS's, KLR's, V-Strom's. Arizona Airhead Air Marshal Brian Boles heads up a lot of the dirt activities and is a good friend. Brian and I rode our dual sports to Mexico's Copper Canyon in October.

FJRobert and others going to Death Valley Daze XIII on Friday, January 25, 2008: AZ Beemers, Arizona FJR Forum Members and Fast Tour Riders Group is departing from the Cave Creek Coffee Company at 0830 hours. Location of the C-4 is 6033 East Cave Creek Road, Cave Creek, Arizona 85331; telephone: 480-488-0603; go to www.mapquest.com We are all staying at the Pahrump Nugget and their website is https://www.pahrumpnugget.com and if you have an Old Farts Card like FJRobert and I have (AARP) you will pay $69.00 a night (AAA card will also get you this rate!) For you young non Old Farts your room rate will be $79 a night. Remember: Old Age and Treachery Will Overcome Youth and Skill Any Day! Man oh man, leave it to we Beemer riders to fornicate up a football! No freaking wonder we cannot keep final drives alive on our BMW motorcycles.

OK!!

Presidents Day 02/15 & 02/16 FJR'S & Beemer's are Riding to Beatty; Leaving "San Louis Obispo" Friday morning!

Furnace Ck hosts BMW NORCAL & Airheads (camping) we're moteling in Beatty! Will meet other FJR's ENROUTE!!

Hope for Good WEATHER for ALL!! :clapping:

Last edited by a moderator:
OK!! Presidents Day 02/15 & 02/16 FJR'S & Beemer's are Riding to Beatty; Leaving "San Louis Obispo" Friday morning!

Furnace Ck hosts BMW NORCAL & Airheads (camping) we're moteling in Beatty! Will meet other FJR's ENROUTE!!

AIRHEAD#124: When you're riding North of Beatty, would you please stop in and say Hello to Veronica and Electra from Cooleyman, FJRobert and Chuy Medina at Shady Lady Ranch. www.shadyladyranch.com We sure do miss those gals!!

Gentlemen: What we have here is a failure to communicate! There are two separate and distinct BMW Death Valley Events.
Khunajawdge: The event you are going to is the Airheads BMW Club Annual Rally always held over President's Day Weekend.

- I just sold my home at 1714 Pine Avenue in Los Osos, I miss the Central Coast!
#1 - We usually see tons of BMW metal in Death Valley. Over the past few years I have accompanied Airhead 124 over to DV from the Central Coast, and it just happens that the reason I do so, is that now he has wised up and purchased an FJR. :D

#2 - Well, I get a four day holiday from Work (if I add Monday), so President's weekend works for me!

#3 - You were lucky, there are many houses sitting around with tags on them awaiting buyers in LO! No one wants to find out what the monthly tax bill will raise to, to accomodate the new sewer system that the county is putting in.

Have a good ride to DV whenever you go?

cheers & beers,

OK!! Presidents Day 02/15 & 02/16 FJR'S & Beemer's are Riding to Beatty; Leaving "San Louis Obispo" Friday morning!

AIRHEAD#124: When you're riding North of Beatty, would you please stop in and say Hello to Veronica and Electra from Cooleyman, FJRobert and Chuy Medina at Shady Lady Ranch. www.shadyladyranch.com We sure do miss those gals!!
You guyz must be made of money.

[SIZE=12pt]Menu Prices [/SIZE]

Basic Service Menu Prices

20 minutes 100.00

More Than Basic Service Prices

40 minutes $200.00

One hour $300.00

Two hours $500.00

Couples parties starting at $700.00 an hour. One hour min.

Over night stay starting at 2,000.00

These are or few of our new Items

There are many more to many to list so come on see what other

delightful pleasures await you here at the Shady Lady Ranch.

There is a ride planned over President's Day weekend on SBR in case anyone would like to join us on that one. We'll be staying at the Furnace Creek Ranch so if you're planning on being there at the same time, let me know and maybe we can group up and share a beverage one night! :)

Photos from our trip this past year can be viewed here. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Tyler!!?? :friends: You're an FJR Forum memeber now?

Are you lookin' at getting Feejer?

There is a ride planned over President's Day weekend on SBR in case anyone would like to join us on that one. We'll be staying at the Furnace Creek Ranch so if you're planning on being there at the same time, let me know and maybe we can group up and share a beverage one night! :)

Yup... I'm a member over here as well (just a forum slut, am I... :lol: I joined in honor of Andrew and have found a few known criminals over here. ;)

Nope, no plans for an FJR for the time being although it would be on my list should I ever decide to let my beloved Trophy go...

Tyler!!?? :friends: You're an FJR Forum memeber now?
Are you lookin' at getting Feejer?