Deposit on 08 FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kid41

Reaction score
Finally after all my wheeling and dealing with american Yamaha dealers, today i put my deposit on my 08 Canadian FJR.

Thanks to Yamaha promo and bike show promo and some dealing with my Canadian dealer i was able to get my bike for only 1600 dollars more the the US one yeaaaaaa its done !!!!! :yahoo: :yahoo:

Finally after all my wheeling and dealing with american Yamaha dealers, today i put my deposit on my 08 Canadian FJR.Thanks to Yamaha promo and bike show promo and some dealing with my Canadian dealer i was able to get my bike for only 1600 dollars more the the US one yeaaaaaa its done !!!!! :yahoo: :yahoo:
What kind of rebates did you get. Bike show in Montreal this week, hoping to get good deal on an 08

14900.00 plus the tax, if you look at the Yamaha web site they ll give you 1500 rebate and the bike show will give you and extra 1000 above that, total 2500, and dealed with my dealer, bike will be delivered at my door !!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW and we thought having pizza delivered to the door was cool.

Congrats on your new baby. Many happy miles to you and yours.

What dealer are you dealing with? I am looking to buy a new bike this spring as well.

Kevin.

Spoke to the dealer today, my 08 is in BC Canada he said the FJR ' s have not been released yet to travel in the country, waiting anxiously :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Finally after all my wheeling and dealing with american Yamaha dealers, today i put my deposit on my 08 Canadian FJR.Thanks to Yamaha promo and bike show promo and some dealing with my Canadian dealer i was able to get my bike for only 1600 dollars more the the US one yeaaaaaa its done !!!!! :yahoo: :yahoo:
Excuse wy apparent stupidity :unsure: But why are you happy about paying more for a Canadian FJR then an American FJR? Is the Can model better in some ways? Don't get me wrong, I paid top dollar last year to get my 07, It was the first one to hit the state, and "It was Mine!" :yahoo:

Happy to get one is the bottom line, i did work and was going to get it from a us dealer when the difference was like 5k but when these promos came out the difference went down to like 1600.00. That diffence made me re think, all i had to do to get one from the states and after i would have gotten it ie warranty work.

:clapping: :yahoo: [SIZE=12pt]Congratulations, kid41! [/SIZE] :yahoo: :clapping:

But why are you happy about paying more for a Canadian FJR then an American FJR? Is the Can model better in some ways?
the difference was like 5k but when these promos came out the difference went down to like 1600.00. That diffence made me re think, all i had to do to get one from the states and after i would have gotten it ie warranty work.

To clarify, he originally was saving a lot of money by buying "South of the border". HOWEVER, there are legal issues, to wit:

Yamaha USA imports into the "States", Yamaha Canada imports Far North America (Canada).

Warranty issues are handled through the importer, so IF he were to purchase an American FJR, though he resides in Canada, he might have to come to he U.S. to have warranty work done and covered through Yamaha USA (Yamaha Canada may not legally have to repair US purchased bike owned and registered in Canada). When the difference was narrowed to $1600, those issues became moot.

well put madmike2, and thank you much !!! i have a hard time to put in words what i say , my wife never can understand what i put on paper !!

well put madmike2, and thank you much !!! i have a hard time to put in words what i say , my wife never can understand what i put on paper !!
Well...I...understood. But I've followed the discussions by those who reside in Canada who consider purchasing from the United States and one of the points discussed over the years are possible problems with warranty repairs and recalls.

actually i had everything set up to purchase in the states, warranty registered and all, would have had to go only an hour away to get servicing in the states, but like i tried to explain on above threads to much trouble for a small saving !!

This is how my afternoon ended :yahoo: :yahoo: , dealer called to tell me i had a parcel !!!

FJR2008001.jpg

FJR2008003.jpg

FJR2008004.jpg

FJR2008007.jpg

Wanted to share my excitement .

Eric

Congrats! It is good to start out on the slower black ones! :)

Now another month and hopefully we will be able to ride in this part of the world.

gypsy