DerbyCycles.com

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spokane

Reaction score
I orderd a pair of PR-2 tires from Derby Cycles @ Shelbyville, KY a week ago and never got an order confirmation or shipper tracking number. I called Derby to check the status and was told that they probably shipped. They would not tell me what date of shipping was or tracking information but my credit card was charged $ 304.00.

I need the tires for a trip in 7 days and hese guys lack customer service. I would not recommend them for anything.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have also bought the PR2's from Derby Cycle for a trip across Canada this summer. Ordered them in the morning, that afternoon recieved a UPS tracking#. Recieved the tires on the date UPS stated will deliver. I couldn't be any happier. But then again, I didn't wait until the last minute before my trip to order expecting everything to fall into place! :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Quite possible an aberration; ordered tires from them last year and got them quickly with shipping confirmation. Not saying you got the same service but others haven't had problems with them. Thanks for giving us a heads-up, and please followup with what transpires.

My last set of PR2s were ordered 4/15, shipped 4/16, delivered by FedEx 4/22.

I emailed support at Derby Cycles on 4/16 because I gave them the wrong email address. They responded within hours that the tires had been shipped.

I am very happy with the customer support at Derby Cycles.

I ordered a set of PR2's from them at the end of April. Got shipping connfirmation the following day, and the tires delivered two days later. I couldn't ask for anything more.

I also ordered a pair of PR2's from Derby last fall. Absolutely no problems. In fact, since I'm in Canada and they cannot take a credit card payment - I had to send them a cheque. They told me the figure, but forgot to include shipping, so when they got my cheque and realized it they simply called me and asked me to mail another cheque for the shipping. I was shocked when the tires arrived before I had managed to mail the money. That's TRUST!! Of course, I sent the additional funds to cover shipping the same day.

Not too often a vendor sends ANYHING without full payment! :thumbsupsmiley:

I ordered a rear PR2 from Derby today 5/20 and Fed Ex tracking says it'll be delivered Friday 5/22, that's pretty OK by me.

Ordered a BeadRider from them on Saturday and received it on Wednesday... good enough for me....

Tires arrived today, one week after ordering. I was just concerned that derby would not give me a tracking number.

All is good now

Very satisfied with the way they handled my tire order. Tires were shipped same day as when ordered and received with five days. Received email notification of shipping with tracking number within hours.

I ordered an Airhawk seat cushion from Derby Cycles, great communication, quick shipping, no complaints. I would buy from them again without hesitation.

I've ordered my last two sets of PR2's from Derby. They were good on price and both times they gave me tracking information. Ground shipping took about a week to California.

I got home from about a 200 mile ride Saturday and parked the bike. I knew my tires were pretty worn, with about 10,000 miles on them, so I looked at 'em Sunday. At first I thought I was having great luck, as it appeared the tires were magically growing silver sprouts. Turns out it was just the metal cords coming through. :angry: Figured I must have finally got to the "wears like iron" part of the tire. Other people on the forum seem to think that's a bad thing, so I ordered a set on line from Derby that day. Got a tracking e-mail on Tuesday. They arrived on Wednesday. Cost for PR2s, $303 and change. Unfortunately they did not come with Vaseline to ease the pain of getting them mounted and balanced. Best I found was $30 each. All others wanted $40. I should have them back tomorrow. Wonder where the next ten thousand miles will take me......

Went to order a helmet from Derby today. Wanted to use an Amex giftcard for the order but my total was .50 over my GC so no luck on the web. Called the store and asked if they would take two forms of payment. Guy at the store said nope that I had to go through the web and it would only except one payment type. They lost my helmet sale to Motorcycle Superstore who matched their price and also got a boot order as well. Derby lost a $350 sale. Might not be much to them but I find it hard to believe they wouldn't work with me.

Thanks

Fred

I have ordered with derbycycle quite a few times..

Got nothing but good things to say about them.

Great prices and great service!

Thumbs up to derbycycle!

Webby

I think maybe you talked to the wrong guy. I also have had nothing but stellar service from Derby. Not saying it didn't happen, but I'll not condemn them either. Thanks for sharing your experience though.

My PR2s arrived today from Derby:

Front: Mfr Date 26th week of 2009 (made in Thailand)

Rear: Mrf Date 39th week of 2008 (made in Spain)

The rear isn't exactly a spring chicken but at $218.66 delivered that's not a complaint. They came FedEx ground instead of 2 day but since the shipping was free I'm not bothered by it. Would do business with them again.

FjrVfr