Design opinions please!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mardee

Reaction score
My son is a graphic designer. I ride my '07 FJR and he rides his '06 R1. He has come up with the below shirt design. He would like some opinions as to whether you like it or not. Please feel free to give suggestions as to how you would change it.

finishedrobinracingt-shirts.jpg

He appreciates your responses!!!

Graphics are nice; slogans need work. Should be "I ride a sportbike" or "I ride sportbikes." I don't care for the slogan on the back, but that's just me.

Great job on the graphic . . . the slogans I'm indifferent about . . . simplicity is a good rule, you may want to consider "Sportbikes . . . more power, less noise" or something to that effect.

I like the graphic not the verbiage. Maybe just have something like "power at the flick of a wrist". But "If you can't make power, make noise" sounds so Harley-esk. Just sayin'

Your son does great work on graphics etc.

Thought I would add a little background to the slogan. My son, my friend and I rode into the foothills a couple of weeks ago for a ride. We stopped at a cool little spot for breakfast outside under the trees. While sitting and talking, we could hear the rumble of Harleys coming down the road. Soon a large number of them pulled up to the restaurant. As they all turned their bikes off to park, my friend looked at my son and I and said, "If you can't make power, make noise." The design is not intended to be rude at anyone, we all love the bikes we ride for different reasons. My son thought he would like to capture the humorous moment through his design. Hence the slogan on the back.

Thanks for any continued suggestions or comments.

Thought I would add a little background to the slogan. My son, my friend and I rode into the foothills a couple of weeks ago for a ride. We stopped at a cool little spot for breakfast outside under the trees. While sitting and talking, we could hear the rumble of Harleys coming down the road. Soon a large number of them pulled up to the restaurant. As they all turned their bikes off to park, my friend looked at my son and I and said, "If you can't make power, make noise." The design is not intended to be rude at anyone, we all love the bikes we ride for different reasons. My son thought he would like to capture the humorous moment through his design. Hence the slogan on the back.
Thanks for any continued suggestions or comments.
Well, that clears things up. I guess that slogan would be appropriate for Harleys. Funny how other posts picked up on that.

I actually like the front and back slogans. I get the front...Kind of like "Just do it."

The back, I thouht was a nod to sportbikes, or bikes that actually make power instead of just a lot of noise. Anyone that knows bikes will take that back slogan as a dig to Harley riders though. If he decided to sell some of these, I want one as-is.

Last year, I posted about my bike among others being blown over.

Couple of us got together and designed a T-shirt, I had them printed so that on our next group tour we could tease our leader.

No help to the OP, just a bit of fun.

(Click on image for larger view)

It went down well. (Unlike the bikes, which went down badly.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Throw an "a" on the front slogan....dont change graphic, totally cool...and the back slogan is RIGHT ON! I'd buy one!!

I tell my friends who ride Harleys and don't understand why I would never convert, "If I can't ride it fast, I'm not gonna ride it."

The Front graphic looks just great!

On the Slogans...

Front: "Sportbikes: Pure Power!!"

Back:

I'd offer up my $0.02 as...

"All Power - Not Sound..."

or

"The Sound of Power..."

All the best,

Scott

I like the graphic.

I will offer up the very simple "i ride" as my suggestion. You could actually make a shirt with a cruiser, sportbike, enduro etc. and use the same slogan. Then you can sell shirts to everyone.