DFW area group

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How's this?

Morning meeting place:

Main Street Bakery

316 S Main St

Grapevine, TX 76051

Map Link

Lunch meeting place:

Spring Creek Barbeque

315 State Highway 114

Grapevine, TX 76051

Map Link

The bakery place is right down main street so it's fairly easy to find, but we could find an alternate place right off of 114 if it would be better.

I vote for a morning meet, but could do lunch just as easily.

Last edited by a moderator:
How's this?
Morning meeting place:

Main Street Bakery

316 S Main St

Grapevine, TX 76051

Map Link

Lunch meeting place:

Spring Creek Barbeque

315 State Highway 114

Grapevine, TX 76051

Map Link

The bakery place is right down main street so it's fairly easy to find, but we could find an alternate place right off of 114 if it would be better.

I vote for a morning meet, but could do lunch just as easily.
never been to MSB but have heard good things about it (and much less expensive than le frufrufenchplace).

easy to find, too. let's hope that "morning" isn't defined by some old coot that still thinks he has to get up before dawn to slop the chickens.

i don't have a problem with hooters. [SIZE=14pt]believe me i looove hooters![/SIZE] my concern would be the ambient noise and my difficulty hearing over it.

HOOTERS! HOOTERS! HOOTERS!
LOL gotta love a cheering section for Hooters.

We could meet at Spring Creek for lunch and then those that wanted to head over to Hooter's could do that?

Say 11 at Spring Creek and then around 1 or so at Hooter's?

OK, to be honest I can't promise anything at this point for myself. I may have to work, but I'm guessing not. Then I have spanish class from 10:30-12 in south FTW. So 1 pm at hooters (or wherever) would prolly be the only thing that works for me. I'll let you guys know more later in the week when I have a better idea.

Are we talking this coming Saturday?

If so, I vote for the MSB Thing starting 9:30 or so.

Still leaves time for those who want to continue at Hooters at 1 and might leave a couple of extra $$ in their pockets.

I'm a cheap skate, I admit it.

The bakery thing should be more relaxed and have space by then. No requirement to be there on time so can stretch it out a bit for coming and going to fit more schedules.

But this is just a vote and I'm more flexable than I look. Especially since there seems to be little chance of a ride Saturday what with the rain and all.

Anyone who has a favorite riding area plan to get with me so I can map it out for future reference. Particularly interested in the area between Sherman/Denison and Paris at the moment. I already have some mapped out and am working on more since weather and responcibilities are limiting my weekend rides this month.

Also, anyone in this group get in the Wilburs group buy? I did (640 w/remote preload and front springs). We might want to compare notes for the future install. I hope to sync it with new tires (my Visa is gonna get some exercise this month) in Feb. Jeeze this bike is good at spending my $$. Good thing I like it so much.

And lets not forget the main point of meeting here. Future group rides. :cownoy:

I'll shut up now :rolleyes:

Let's hope the weather co-operates, but I'll make breakfast at MSB anyway. I'll bring a laptop along to chart out some of the routes you guys might suggest.

So.....saturday? You old people wake up way too early.

To quote and cheer.....

HOOTERS, HOOTERS, HOOTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Marcos, I will bring my loptop for routes as well What software are you using. S&T here just the 2001 ver. on the laptop but it works pretty well. 2005 ver on the desktop at home. not much better but again, it works.

I have Street and Trips 2005. Hey wonder if we could swap route files?

Dang it. I missed another ride. I guess I'm going to have to get a computer hooked up at the house. As it is, I just use the one I have at work. I left work after my last post on Friday and didn't catch wind of it. I have friends that may be in from out of town this weekend, but if they don't show I'll be there.

GP :(

No one has yet set a time or a location. Talk about breakfast well what time is breakfast?

I have a 45 minute ride to get there and can be there from 8.00am on. Lets kick this thing in the ass and make a decision y'all. Then let's ride rain or shine as we may only have a few showers and we may be able to dodge them!!!

Unless something changes, I will be at the Main Street Bakery in Grapevine at or shortly after 9:30 am Saturday. As the weather report stands at the moment I will be driving the cage, since I have trouble seeing the fun in dodging the cages in the heart of the metroplex in the rain on a Saturday. If the weather forcast changes, or if the destination were different then the bike would be first choice.

Marcos, swaping route files should be no problem. Since I don't know if there is wifi there and my usb pocket drive died last month, we will need some method of transfering the files. Any one else have a working usb thumb drive or similar? I can probably use the CF reader and a CF from my camera in a pinch but it is a pita. Either way, do-able.

There.

That is the plan.

Unless there is a different plan.

Also I believe that some or all will be moving the meeting to a more festive environment (AKA Hooters) around 1pm. Assuming the weather stands as forcast.

May I have a second?

Oh Grapevine Weather forecast

I second!

I'll be there at 9:30. As far as transfering data files, I've got a couple of thumb drives and a big mamma-jamma portable 100gb drive. I'll only be able to stay for a couple of hours so I'll likely be out of any riding plans, but still looking forward to meeting some folks.

Also, anyone in this group get in the Wilburs group buy? I did (640 w/remote preload and front springs).
Yep. The first one.

As for the waypoints I'm mapping, they're in Mapsource (Metroguide, Roads & Recreation, etc.) - the Garmin product. I might be able to do Map N Go or Street Atlas if I can get the apps to run on my laptop like they did the last time I tried to use them (they didn't "wake up" when we were at 4-Star).

Unless something changes, I will be at the Main Street Bakery in Grapevine at or shortly after 9:30 am Saturday.  As the weather report stands at the moment I will be driving the cage, since I have trouble seeing the fun in dodging the cages in the heart of the metroplex in the rain on a Saturday. If the weather forcast changes, or if the destination were different then the bike would be first choice.Marcos, swaping route files should be no problem. Since I don't know if there is wifi there and my usb pocket drive died last month, we will need some method of transfering the files.  Any one else have a working usb thumb drive or similar?  I can probably use the CF reader and a CF from my camera in a pinch but it is a pita.  Either way, do-able.

There.

That is the plan.

Unless there is a different plan.

Also I believe that some or all will be moving the meeting to a more festive environment (AKA Hooters) around 1pm. Assuming the weather stands as forcast.

May I have a second?

Oh Grapevine Weather forecast
Second oopss third!