Did anyone else notice

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, let me get this straight. The date change was so Moma Yama could show up and they bailed <_<

The date change was the reason I couldn't make it. Oh this isn't making me happy :angry2:

I also put off a purchase in order to patronize a supporter / vendor at NAFO. I was quite disappointed when I arrived in Golden to buy stuff only to find that there was nothing to buy. Oh, sure, I purchased a bag from RKA (thanks RKA, great bag) but I still need a pair of gloves that don't have holes in the fingers. Dammit. I'm burnt that I couldn't buy at the event, but it sure was fun.

Thanks to the NAFO staff. All of you did a great job.

Thanks to the vendors and supporters that showed up and/or donated good swag.

Thanks to Scott for the cool N-line tool / beer opener. That was a CLASS ACT in the best way. Great addition to everyone's tool kit.

Screw you to the vendors that said they'd show up and didn't.

+1, GUNNY, WOOF, and all that Jazz on Yamaha being a total bunch of :asshat: :asshat2:

I was expecting more vendors to be there, and really wanted to see some of the products I thought would be there.

Heck, those of us on the SS1K ride didn't even get the cool little bottle opener.

I still managed to buy 1 of the items I went to NAFO looking to buy. The other vendors who didn't show, or follow up on their sponsorship just went to the bottom of my preferred vendors list.

We at EOM will cordially allow the "bailing vendors" to make it up to us.

I sent Borrec on a mission to bring me back some cycleport

I echo all the same comments already mentioned.

I had come to expect something similar to WFO-6, and in comparison, was very disappointed in the vendor turn out. However, the actual banquets and NAFO organization was greatly appreciated.

Going along with what some others have said, I went for the people, not the product (although, I think seeing and hearing a set of Remus hexacones would have sold my wife on them), I have a suggestion for the next NAFO, or for any gathering unrelated to the sponsor participation. I would like to have seen more people introduced by their forum names since that's all we know most people by. As mentioned in other threads, there were people I was really looking forward to meeting, but never had a chance to see their name tag. So, my suggestion would be, when ANYONE is recognized, be it for completing an IBA event, or winning swag, or participating in a contest, taking a few extra seconds to announce their forum name would be a great benefit.

I met a few people by chance that I'm really glad to have met, and for that I'll be forever grateful! That wouldn't have happened without the dedication of the NAFO staff. Thank you!

Anf just think I drove appox.1300 miles one way to buy what I could have bought about 60 miles from my home in ca. Yes that is right, and thanks to BIKE EFFECTS for showing up I am now the new owner of those Pozzo levers thanks Bike Effects for showing.

One vendor you can count on.

On a good note I had the chance to ride a route in Co. known as the "silver thread High way 149 heading south. a great road and scenery about 149 miles of pure heaven...

Yamaha sure makes it hard to be loyal to the brand with a slap like that. Maybe we should charge them to be at our events when we get bigger. I think we should push to Tripple our attendence next time and then charge them to attend.

If everyone brought 2 more FJR riders with them next time that would be all we need.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wasn't even there and I am pissed!

Frig the vendors, we'll vote with our wallets. And Yamaha... the old saying is that a fish rots from the head. Take that culture and extrapolate... you may find yourself in 5 years without this fan base. I am fairly certain there is another manufacturer who would bend over backwards to grab a chunk of the >10k members on this forum. Lessee... 10,000 members x $10,000 (loose estimate of invoice price to dealer) is $100,000,000.

Not exactly chump change, is it??

-BD

I too was suprised that Yamaha failed to show up, in any way, shape, or form. Just think of the marketing response if they hinted at maybe a Gen III type of bike?

Total Bullshit!

Not surprised at Remus, they ran out at WFO-6 Park City too, waited almost 2 months for them to get me the product. I am kinda mad at my self for wanting them so much.

Again, Total Bullshit!

To the staff and organizers of NAFO, NICE JOB! Everything was nicely handled! Great facility, staff, meals, accomodations, it rocked! Even had people voulenteer to watch the bikes all night long.

To the sponser's; big thumbs up! Thanks so much for the support.

Jeff And Trudy of Bike Effects.com.....Class Act, Thanks (see ya at KRNO for the races?)

Yamaha sure makes it hard to be loyal to the brand with a slap like that. Maybe we should charge them to be at our events when we get bigger. I think we should push to Tripple our attendence next time and then charge them to attend.
If everyone brought 2 more FJR riders with them next time that would be all we need.

Supposedly there were around 160 to 180 FJR's, at one place, at one time.

That's got to be near the record, doesn't it?

Supposedly there were around 160 to 180 FJR's, at one place, at one time.
That's got to be near the record, doesn't it?
In 2 years, who knows how many will show up! Two people that I know of would have been there had the timing been different in their personal/work lives. I'm guessing the same could be said for 10-15% of the forum. It was in a "near central" part of the country too. Kudos for the east-coast and the west-coast riders for cruising over 1300 miles, one-way, to get there. Maybe the next rally will have 220-250 bikes.

Plus the invitation was posted here and on another neenerweb forum that caters to sport touring bikes. Iggy+staff threw out the nice red carpet for all interested FJR riders.

Hey guys - we may will never know the true reason Yamaha didn't show for our party.

I reserve judgment until proven Yammie just decided we weren't worth it. I can think of a myriad of valid reasons why MammaYamma couldn't appear; budget, timing, politics.

Don't get me wrong, I'm greatly disappointed, but let's not forget what a fine machine they have produced for us to consume, use, and abuse. And they have stood by the important issues such as ticker repairs and my bet is they fix the current crop if ignition problems too.

Just my .02, flame on if you need to.

dcarver

My impression is that Yamama has always been like that. They build a great product, but once you bought it they're done with you. "Got your money, thanks! Now get lost until you can destroy that and need another one."

Just my opinion, but that's the way I've seen it over the past 5 Yami's I've owned. I'm pretty much done with them now. I'm older and service now means smthng to me.

I'm pretty much already loaded up on gear, bags, etc, so I didn't buy much from our participating vendors (although I did find an excuse to at least get smthng). I will NOT be buying from certain vendors who didn't show... I'll happily pay more for someone else's stuff if I have to.

I am grateful Remus and CyclePort failed to appear. I had a fresh CC ready, had already made the decision to purchase even though the finances say it shouldn't be done. But buy product I was going to do!
I'm not so sure the CyclePort was invited, they're not on the list of vendors. Wayne sold much equipment in Park City and was informative as well, one would think it would be worth the trip for him to bring his wares to Golden. I am hesitant to think that THEY decided to not come.

I also had some questions for him about modifying my suit or changing to a different type of jacket. Now it will be done by phone or email.