Digital Video Camera

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iris

formerly "herfjr"
Reaction score
I recently saw a digital video taken by a guy while he was riding the Dragon in Tennessee. I think he was on a sportbike. I was thinking that I would like to mount a digital video camera on my FJR. I was wondering if anyone has had experience with this and might have some pics to share of the farkle itself. Also, what kind of camera is recommended along with where to mount it and what to mount it with. How long can the video record for? The guy's in Deals Gap lasted like 13 minutes or so.

Well, I bought myself the Samsung Sports Cam that comes with a helmet mounted accessory cam that plugs into the main unit. The accessory cam is a little bigger than a lipstick tube and the main camera is about the size of a pack of cigarettes and doubles as an mp3 player. Its still in the box so thats all I know about it except that it came with several mounting options for the accessory cam so if you were thinking about on bike videos you may want to check it out.

Thanks. That's a good start. That sounds pretty cool: I will check that out.

I bought a JVC digital, 20 gigabyte Hard drive based camcorder recently. It will record for a long time (4.5 hours at the highest quality, 24 hours at the low quality). Of course, that depends on your power source. Now, all that sounds good. But apparently, the HD based cameras don;t like vibrations. So, you might want to consider one that is tape or flash-memory based. I would like to try mine on a vib reducing mount, just to see how it would do.

TWN has been posting links to his videos. Between he and Teerex you should be able to get some pretty good information. If they don't answer you here, you might try to PM them or email them. I'm sure they would be able to help.

Herfjr,

You can take your pick, bro.

IIRC Twowheelnut uses a video camera mounted on his gas tank but he's currently shopping for a bullet camera to link to a tape-based video recorder.

His most recent film work :boss: is displayed under Images and right here.

Latigo Canyon

I have a 20 Gb HD (Archos420) connected to a bullet camera that I velcro to different parts of the bike for varied angles etc.

This combo comes from Colorado (skullcamz.com) and will set you back $745 but it's awesome. I have just recently put together a video called Bad Boys.

In a few days I'll have a new video out with even more camera angles.

Have fun B)

Stef

Last edited by a moderator:
Dees eesa mya setuppa:

IMG_1249.jpg

Dee video macchina fotografica eesa Canon Elura 80. Eeta worka molto buon!

- Frederico B)

'ey Frederico, ya making da fun 'a my exzent ? :D :D :D

I stand corrected, you use a StemStand for your camera :p not a gas-tank mount...

Ciao

Stef

Dees eesa mya setuppa:
IMG_1249.jpg

Dee video macchina fotografica eesa Canon Elura 80. Eeta worka molto buon!

- Frederico B)
I Knew it! He's riding and posting up at the same time. I can see the mouse on the brake reservoir. That's not safety!

Latigo Canyon- is that music the Theme from Good Will Humping? :) Nice video.

As for the Bad Boys video... I don't like thos roads. skinny with lots of cagers...ugh.

I have the camera mounted under the headlight (see HELMETCAM.COM) with camcorder and microphone in tank bag. Tank bag is powered to allow outlets for camera/camcorder/GPS/iPOD. Remote switch mounted on top of tank bag w/velcro. After everything is in place, all I have to do is press remote button to start/stop recording. Unplug a few wires to remove tank bag when umattended. And remember to put in a new tape as needed. Works great.

how about a lipstick camera option like Twenty20 or HelmetCamera? These look like they give you a lot more location options. You could get some really cool angles that would be difficult to impossible with fix mount. <_<

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW....that's great. Thanks for all the replies.

BTW Stef, not that I am offended but, I am not a bro, I am a "her" as in "herfjr".

Once again, thanks for all the help.

I love farkles.

-Iris

I recently saw a digital video taken by a guy while he was riding the Dragon in Tennessee.  I think he was on a sportbike.  I was thinking that I would like to mount a digital video camera on my FJR.  I was wondering if anyone has had experience with this and might have some pics to share of the farkle itself.  Also, what kind of camera is recommended along with where to mount it and what to mount it with.  How long can the video record for?  The guy's in Deals Gap lasted like 13 minutes or so.
I think the guy taped the entire length of Deals Gap. Not having yet ridden it, I wouldn't know tho. From the description and after looking at a map of it, I think 13 minutes is probably quite a respectable time.

For a cheap mount, I just stuff my video cam looking out the front of a magnetic tank bag with towels to hold it inside the bag, and off I go. It is a DVD cam, so it does not work well with the vibes transmitted by hard mounts.

Last edited: