Dining Opportunities At CFO

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jackson

Reaction score
Here is a map that identifies some restaurants in Custer that I recommend. The Bavarian Inn, the official motel of CFO, is at the top or north end of the map.

If you have Microsoft Streets and Trips, HERE is a file that has the same information. If you click on it the file should open in Streets and Trips. I used version 2007, so it may or may not work with earlier versions.

MapCusterRestaurants.jpg

A quick trip over to the Alpine House in Hill City gets you one of the best (and cheapest) steaks you'll ever have. Line starts forming around 430 in the pm to get in though...no reservations. You can sit out on the porch and drink "A" as in one" mighty fine german beer while waiting!!!

You're absolutely right, and it's only 14 miles north of Custer. They have great desserts too.

When I have time, I'll put together some dining suggestions like this from other towns around the Black Hills. Feel free to throw in your 2-cents worth here.

If you just want a very good hamburger stop at the sugar shack on 385 about 4 or 5 miles north of the 44 junction. Good evening dining is the Fireside on 44 west about 2 miles from Johnson Siding Toward Rapid city.