Discount on G2

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harald

"Superior Gen 4" Rider
FJR Supporter
Reaction score
Just in time for Christmas, I received an email from G2 offering 20% off any purchase of $50 or more. Just put "12.1.08" without the quotation marks in the coupon code field on checkout. Check G2 Ergonomics

Disclosure: My only connection with G2 is that I bought one of their FJR throttle tamers for my 07 FJR and love it.

I tried calling them , but the circut is busy. I wanted to ask if it is compatible with my Throttlemeister...do you know if it is?

You shouldn't need it with an 08. Mine is not stiff or hard on the wrist.

It's not as stiff as my '04 was, but it still is not as smooth or light as any other bike I've ever owned. Might be willing to try the G2 at the discount price if the Throttlemeister will still work with it.

Just in time for Christmas, I received an email from G2 offering 20% off any purchase of $50 or more. Just put "12.1.08" without the quotation marks in the coupon code field on checkout. Check G2 Ergonomics Disclosure: My only connection with G2 is that I bought one of their FJR throttle tamers for my 07 FJR and love it.
I had planned to put up with the jerky throttle but this deal made me decide to go for it. I only hope that installation is within my capabilities since I have an AE so the heated grips may make it more challenging. If it is not easy, I will have to go to my stealer (who charges $45 to remove a stem nut and replace it with a ram stem nut). Please tell me it is easy with heated grips!

Just in time for Christmas, I received an email from G2 offering 20% off any purchase of $50 or more. Just put "12.1.08" without the quotation marks in the coupon code field on checkout. Check G2 Ergonomics Disclosure: My only connection with G2 is that I bought one of their FJR throttle tamers for my 07 FJR and love it.
I had planned to put up with the jerky throttle but this deal made me decide to go for it. I only hope that installation is within my capabilities since I have an AE so the heated grips may make it more challenging. If it is not easy, I will have to go to my stealer (who charges $45 to remove a stem nut and replace it with a ram stem nut). Please tell me it is easy with heated grips!
I just put one on my AE a few weeks back. It's not all that difficult.

Just wrap something around the grip and crush the plastic OEM tube with a pair of channel locks.

Soap everything up real good for the re-install.

Make real sure to pay attention to the heated grip wire routing to make sure it goes back in the proper place.

Piece of cake...right?

Last edited by a moderator:
Remember that if you are buying this and have the OEM heated grips to specify the 'AE' version.
I did specify that. However, HaulinAshe says that the aluminum dissipates away too much the the heat. How does the AE version help with that? I really need the heat 6 months of the year.