Do they sell something like this for FJR?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got a entire tang bag with map pocket for that price magnet mount..

2010-MotoCentric-Mototrek-14-Tank-Bag-Black.jpg

Bought Here

There are many good tank bags that will work well on the FJR. Most have map pockets. I have a big honking tank bag that I use when I can't fit all my stuff in the hard luggage, but it is very big and actually blocks the breeze from cooling me off in the hot weather so I don't use it often.

I have been thinking about one of these Rapid Transit bags for a while, but have just been too frugal to buy one yet. :unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:
There are many good tank bags that will work well on the FJR. Most have map pockets. I have a big honking tank bag that I use when I can't fit all my stuff in the hard luggage, but it is very big and actually blocks the breeze from cooling me off in the hot weather so I don't use it often.

I have been thinking about one of these Rapid Transit bags for a while, but have just been too frugal to buy one yet. :unsure:
I have the Rapid Transit 19 in the link and really like it. It fits great on the FJR, hold a lot of stuff, has a built in rain cover, and has a lot of pockets that seem to me to be well thought out. The only negative I could give it is that the pocket with a clear cover is really too small for a map. I don't need it for that so its no problem for me, but if you want to spread out a reasonable sized map and view it under the clear plastic, then this bag is probably not the right fit, IMO.

Well, I was looking for a map holder only. I dont need a tank bag, just a tank map holder.
Like this?

I also remember reading about a modular type tank bag which came as separate components so that you can use only the map pocket, a small bag with the map pocket on top, or a large bag either with the map pocket or with the small bag and map pocket on top. That may also be a Rapid Transit but I don't remember for sure.

I have a Fieldsheer Contour magnetic tank bag--It is modular, and the bag can be zipped off leaving just the magnetic base with a clear plastic map window. Don't know if that bag is still in production...