Do you trust this reply?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Could be a scam, but it could be legit. He may of asked for the pay off amount which may have included the amount he put in himself. As as many have said here, the credit union banks here are willing to work with you, but will release the bike with title in hand with cash only. I suggest you look locally, otherwise there will a lot of out of pocket expenses working with this guy. I wonder if hes my neighbor?

There is a lien with my credit union, however the title can be received on site if the purchase is done with cash.
This is not true, there is no way to have the title on site if paying with cash. Even if you do it at the credit union they do not have the paper titles on hand. they are electronic and are issues when the lien is paid. I just went through this when buying a private sale car, and it took me 10 days to receive title. I paid in cash also and it still took that long.

The helmets are extra large and an extra small. The sizes are the same with the riding coats.
Who calls them riding coats?

I would reply saying you have many questions and would like to talk to him on the phone. Ask for his phone number and look up the area code to see if it makes sense with his location. https://decoder.americom.com/

There is a lien with my credit union, however the title can be received on site if the purchase is done with cash.
This is not true, there is no way to have the title on site if paying with cash. Even if you do it at the credit union they do not have the paper titles on hand. they are electronic and are issues when the lien is paid. I just went through this when buying a private sale car, and it took me 10 days to receive title. I paid in cash also and it still took that long.

The helmets are extra large and an extra small. The sizes are the same with the riding coats.
Who calls them riding coats?

I would reply saying you have many questions and would like to talk to him on the phone. Ask for his phone number and look up the area code to see if it makes sense with his location. https://decoder.americom.com/ I guess not all states are the same in Texas the lending institution has the clear title on hand if you are at a small satellite branch they may be stored in the safe at a larger facility but they have them on hand you pay cash they hand the title over-an exception would be car/vehicle dealer not carrying his own paper where he has the title hocked at his lending institution and has to pay them in order for you to receive the title. They often will float your money as long as legal prior to paying off the unit from their lender. This lets them (in a sense) borrow money with no interest as they will be floating numerous deals at the same time

Who calls them riding coats....

Hahahaha....i was thinkin the same thing! Life changes...fair enough to sell. That's why i don't ask why people sell anything...you can always make up a lie so who cares. I'll be selling when a child comes along...if a child comes along...i might sell, i prolly should sell...maybe. The ad seems sketchy still though. I was skeptical with my deal. 2005 abs model with 2200 miles for $8600. Guy came back from Iraq had some cash to blow bought an fjr then had to move and needed the money. I flew to atlanta...check in hand...he called bank to verify funds...signed the title over in presence of a notary and that was that. Rode her home to Va. Scary but worth all of the work and planning in the end....i have my fjr now.

Here's seller's reply.

"I will not be making any international sales or giving my address to your buddies"

international sales? WTF? :blink:

Yes, I am looking in/around NJ. Too much hassle buying from far away.

Here's seller's reply.
"I will not be making any international sales or giving my address to your buddies"

That pretty well sums up where this guy is at. I am curious as to where you found the add. I don't recall seeing that info at the top of the thread.

Here's seller's reply.

Well there ya go... almost everyone that posted smelled the RAT right away! :rolleyes:

Maybe NJ ( or Cali ) will be part of the USA someday !!! :D

Here's seller's reply.

That pretty well sums up where this guy is at. I am curious as to where you found the add. I don't recall seeing that info at the top of the thread.
Cycletrader