Dobeck Performance

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rickysnickers

Reaction score
Anybody try one of those Techlusion boxes? If so how did it work? Were you happy with it, and if not why?

Thanks,

Rick

I dont want to turn this into a "plug" for these guys, but i used to work for a dealership who shared space with Dobeck Performance and their dyno facility. Yes their box does work and well. It is limited is some aspects, but if you own a unit with closed loop injection, then its not going to help much.

but if you own a unit with closed loop injection, then its not going to help much.
I beg to differ! No laptops, no maps, works better and is cheaper than the PC. :cigar:

I think you are mis-understanding me. If you have closed loop injection, then the m/c is equipt with an oxygen sensor that samples the exhaust. If you attach one of these boxes to such a system and then enrichen the mixture, the o2 sensor will tell the ecu that it is running too rich and lean the mixture back to where it was before. However, in the case of the fjr the system only uses input from the o2 sensor under certain conditions like idle and cruise. So if you used on of these boxes you would only see a difference under conditions where the ecu does not use the information from the o2 sensor like acceleration for example.

For these to work on closed loop injection system, and this goes for dobeck and power commander alike, the oxygen sensor will have to be bypassed and I wouldn't reccomend that.

Quite a bit of discussion about Techlusions being used in the years prior to the release of a Power Commander 3 for the Feejer. Once the PC3 became available, the number of reports about people using the T dropped dramatically. It's cheaper and simpler, but its ability to remap the EFI is also greatly limited compared to the PC3.

In the scheme of things the various ways of modding the EFI are (lowest to highest):

O2 mods from the dash using the Barbarian Jumper Mod

Techlusion

Power Commander 3

Last edited by a moderator:
But you are right on anything not equiped wit han oxygen sensor, I highly recomend Dobecks product!

Never mind, inflammatory post deleted.

Last edited by a moderator:
With the PC you need to disconnect the sensor. With the Techlusion you can do one of 2 things.

1. leave the 02 connected and leave the first dial turned off and run the rest as normal.

2. disconnect the 02 sensor and activate the first dial and run the rest as normal.

The Techlusion works under load and does not change the original map. With the PC the map is changed. I've had both and for me the Techlusion just did a better job. My bike is all stock, except for the K&N. Just my personal experience. That's all! :mellow: