Does a factory topcase bolt right up?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pista

Reaction score
There is a Yamaha "Maxia Monokey" topcase listed for an '05 FJR in a blue that appears to match my bike.

It appears to be in good shape and the price seems reasonable.

Does this require a specific mount or does it bolt onto the OEM rack?

Also, what size are these?

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a Yamaha "Maxia Monokey" topcase ..
That doesn't appear to be a "factory topcase" as your thread title summarizes. That's an aftermarket that with a little Googling shows as a "Givi" brand (not Yamaha) that requires a Givi plate adapter. You didn't include the listing...so can't tell if they include one or not.

Last edited by a moderator:
That doesn't appear to be a "factory topcase" as your thread title summarizes. That's an aftermarket that with a little Googling shows as a "Givi" brand (not Yamaha) that requires a Givi plate adapter. You didn't include the listing...so can't tell if they include one or not.
Wasn't sure if I was permitted to say I saw it on fleabay.

The listing states that it's a Yamaha topcase and specifically for an '05 FJR. While "Maxia" and "Monokey" branding is clearly Givi.

I perhaps incorrectly assumed that Givi supplied Yamaha for use as a factory option.

To your point, either way it appears that a Givi plate adapter would also be required for installing. As well as Geraulds "stiffy kit".

The listing states that it's a Yamaha topcase and specifically for an '05 FJR. While "Maxia" and "Monokey" branding is clearly Givi. I perhaps incorrectly assumed that Givi supplied Yamaha for use as a factory option.
A bit more Googling and this is the factory top box.

Wasn't sure if I was permitted to say I saw it on fleabay.

The listing states that it's a Yamaha topcase and specifically for an '05 FJR. While "Maxia" and "Monokey" branding is clearly Givi.

I perhaps incorrectly assumed that Givi supplied Yamaha for use as a factory option.

To your point, either way it appears that a Givi plate adapter would also be required for installing. As well as Geraulds "stiffy kit".
I think you are correct about installation requiring the Givi adapter and given the number of broken sub-frames the stiffener by Garauld could probably be considered a requirement also. Another option are the cases manufactured by SHAD (i think in Spain) that seem to be popular.