Does anyone have experience with "works" shock?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

weekend rider

Reaction score
Has any rider or other person out that have any experience or knowledge with the Works Shock that is available for the FJR?

Is it worth buying or a waste of money?

It is getting near suspension replacement time need to know. Your help in evaluating this shock would be helpful. thanks

weekend rider :D

I had a set a while back on a custom atv I built for Dirt Wheels magazine. Thought they were good in the atv dept. They set the shocks up for terrain and riding style. I haven't heard or read any feedback on a new modern bike like the FJR. There are other choices on the market that we've tried on this site and seem to work well. You might try some searches on the previous group buys.

I have a friend who teaches the moto mechanics course at Decalb Tech who really likes Works. He went to great length to talk about bang for the buck, that they are rebuildable, better than OEM, less expensive than Ohlins, and on and on.

I found that the original Wilbers group buy snagged me a "better deal" (imo).

My perspective is that suspension parts are tiered as:

1. Ohlins

2. Wilbers, Works

3. OEM

with Wilbers straddling between 1 and 2 depending on what options you get. i feel like the setup i got snagged me a serious tier 1.5 for about the price of a 3 as part of the group buy.

Last edited by a moderator:
RogDeb have one on their 03. PM him 'case he misses this post. He's had it a couple years now. Great shock for the bucks !!