Does anyone sell Axxion kits?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Auron

FJRForums' Red-headed stepchild
Reaction score
I have a lot of experience with re-building forks, the tricky part is the shim stacks but if anyone sells the drop damper kit I'd be interested in doing it myself.

Yes, exactly but it won't give me a quote. How much did you pay for the kit?

Yes, exactly but it won't give me a quote.
Hence, this page. Try it out and report back!
smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Talk to Lee Spitler @ Traxxion Dynamics, tell him you are a member of the FJR forum. He may give you a forum discount.

Talk to Lee Spitler @ Traxxion Dynamics, tell him you are a member of the FJR forum. He may give you a forum discount.
+1.

Mine were $999.95, less a forum discount of $100.00.

Lee is working two days a week, but I forget which. Dan handles internet sales. Call or e-mail either of them. Very helpful people.

Al.

I emailed Traxxion to ask about the history on my bike. They were kind enough to look it up and tell me what they had done to it as well as give me the oil specs for the forks.

I guess my bike was defarkled before I bought it, I don't have the rear shock they put on. When I do get around to it, They will be my first choice. Customer service is appreciated here!

Nice, I can do $1000, any reports on how much better they are?
Haven't been able to ride the bike yet, as we're still 'snowed in'. From what I've read on this forum, I can expect a major improvement.

Do the FJR forks have a lot of stiction?
Not sure. my Gen1 only has two bushings, yours has three. Also, with this kit you use a lot less oil (160mm height vs 100mm stock) and a lighter viscosity.

I guess I will find out soon.

Al.

If you order the cartridges from Traxxion they will give you a spring recommendation based on your weight and use. Their Omni spring kit is the good stuff. I went with the full meal deal, cartridges, springs, fork oil and Penske 8983. If you do the forks it will point up just how bad the stock shock is, mine was really bad. The improvements for me were: the bike sits higher on the suspension, improved clearance, this due to the springs. No more wallowing or bottoming, esp the shock. Firm well damped suspension movements. Much improved steering, the rear of the bike stays up which sharpens things up. The cartridges won't turn your forks into a plush magic carpet. More like it makes the forks eat up road chop without drama while still letting you know what the front wheel is doing. Transformed my feej from a walrus in army boots to a pig in dancing shoes.

If you order the cartridges from Traxxion they will give you a spring recommendation based on your weight and use. Their Omni spring kit is the good stuff. I went with the full meal deal, cartridges, springs, fork oil and Penske 8983. If you do the forks it will point up just how bad the stock shock is, mine was really bad. The improvements for me were: the bike sits higher on the suspension, improved clearance, this due to the springs. No more wallowing or bottoming, esp the shock. Firm well damped suspension movements. Much improved steering, the rear of the bike stays up which sharpens things up. The cartridges won't turn your forks into a plush magic carpet. More like it makes the forks eat up road chop without drama while still letting you know what the front wheel is doing. Transformed my feej from a walrus in army boots to a pig in dancing shoes.
That's what I like to hear!

I also went with the 8983 with remote reservoir.

C'mon Spring
lazy.gif

Al.

Me too, my 8983 is on the way. Should be a hell of a riding season if I can afford the gas.