Dogbones?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoshHefnerX

Reaction score
I'm looking at buying an fjr finally but I had a question. I'm a bit short at 5'6". My last bike was a sv1000 and the seat height was about as high as I could comfortably maneuver around (parking lots ect) The spec on this bike shows a smidge higher so I was wondering if anyone has installed any "dogbones" or some other similar pieces to drop the suspension a bit and what the outcome was. I haven't begun to look and see if anyone even sells dogbones for this bike yet so any suggestions are welcome and no I'm not gonna wear platform shoes..... :lol:

Also, I did read that you can drop the front fork tubes a bit but my understanding is that eventually the tops of them will run into the handle bars? Is that right?

Josh

I haven't begun to look and see if anyone even sells dogbones for this bike yet so any suggestions are welcome and no I'm not gonna wear platform shoes..... :lol:
Also, I did read that you can drop the front fork tubes a bit but my understanding is that eventually the tops of them will run into the handle bars?  Is that right?

Josh
Dogbones are available for the FJR. Wildhair accessories carries some, and I'm sure there are others that have slipped my mind.

Without using any handlebar risers, you will have around 10mm of space to lower the fork tubes before you hit the handle bars.