Done farkling....................for now

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CO FJR

Reaction score
Finally got all my parts installed. Been looking for the right size tank bag, not to big, not to small, I think this one fits the bill. Its the Cortech Dryver SMALL, 3.8liter bag. Glad I didnt go with the 9.4 liter, that woulda been HUGE. I also like the GPS mount that attaches to the bag, perfect position, and I didnt have to mount anything on the bike. As far as GPS, I decided to go inexpensive for starters, wanted music for the long trips, and possibly phone capabilities. I downloaded the Garmin App for my Iphone4, Ive heard pro's and con's about this so we'll see how it works. Hooked it all together with the Senna SMH10 (thanks for answering all my questions Phroenips). Havent had a chance to test it all out yet, I do know that I can use the touch screen through the clear window on the GPS mount, obviously probably not with gloves on.

Sargent seat

IMG_4201.jpg

Cortech Dryver tank Bag

IMG_4202.jpg

GPS Mount

IMG_4203.jpg

IMG_4204.jpg

Symtec Heated grips and Powerlet

IMG_4206.jpg

Found pics of the old bike on Webshots, had to post up one for ole' times sake

Last edited by a moderator:
I figure one is never done farkling an FJR until one sells the bike or kicks the bucket. I consider any stop in adding farkles is nothing but a hiatus.

Nice tank bag. In my experience, make sure you keep your iPhone plugged in and charging while using the GPS app. I used Navigon because the Garmin app wasn't available. It worked okay but would drain the battery quickly. The other drawback is that it overheats quickly while zipped up in the pouch and running the app. I would get the dreaded yellow triangle on the iphone screen and it would have to cool down.

Not trying to rain on your parade, just relaying my experience. It's hard to beat a Zumo or other MC specific GPS, but you're looking at some more $$.

On the positive side, the Sena works great with the iPhone and the tunes are nice and loud.

Nice tank bag. In my experience, make sure you keep your iPhone plugged in and charging while using the GPS app. I used Navigon because the Garmin app wasn't available. It worked okay but would drain the battery quickly. The other drawback is that it overheats quickly while zipped up in the pouch and running the app. I would get the dreaded yellow triangle on the iphone screen and it would have to cool down.

Not trying to rain on your parade, just relaying my experience. It's hard to beat a Zumo or other MC specific GPS, but you're looking at some more $$.

On the positive side, the Sena works great with the iPhone and the tunes are nice and loud.

TY...I have the external battery pack for the iphone....gonna test it out and see how long it will run one of these days.

I figure one is never done farkling an FJR until one sells the bike or kicks the bucket. I consider any stop in adding farkles is nothing but a hiatus.
+1 I keep thinking I am done, then bam new stuff. Today's addons included tailcones-they rock, K&N filter, and mirror extenders. Tomorrow I finally install my Ohlins shock. At least we get to enjoy all the money spent!!

Very nice tank bag. What kind of tank protectors are you using? It looks like TechSpec snakeskin. Let me know as I'm looking to remove my Bagster cover and show my tank this year.

If I had a dollar for every time I said I was "done with farkling", lol....well, I'd have more $$ to spend on yet more farkles. :D