dont wanta smuggler

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It looks like this covers the rear seat area and over the rear tail shroud. If you installed this you would not easily be able to switch back to a passenger seat.

Here's a couple pics.

Motofixtrunk.jpg

Motofixtrunk2.jpg

Motofixtrunk3.jpg

Motofixtrunk4.jpg

I'm not sure what this thing is supposed to be. It looks like a hollow shell, not a trunk.

The description says that this is where the UK police bikes store their electronics (siren/radio) packages - it is NOT a smuggler replacement. It'd need a paint job, too.

Last edited by a moderator:
The description says that this is where the UK police bikes store their electronics (siren/radio) packages - it is NOT a smuggler replacement. It'd need a paint job, too.
Looks like it covers the whole pillion as well as the rack, which potentially could be a huge amount of storage compared to a smuggler.

Might be interesting to play with if the price was right - maybe somewhere around $50 - $100.

I could see adding a storage compartment, hinging the lid, adding a locking latch, etc.

Maybe someone could buy it, make a mold from it and start selling them.

I'd need a GEN-II model, however.

Looks like a POS and it appears you have to unscrew the philips head fasteners to open it up! :blink: A paint job won't fix the spiderweb cracked fiberglass either. Yikes. I'll pass.

Looks like a POS and it appears you have to unscrew the philips head fasteners to open it up! :blink: A paint job won't fix the spiderweb cracked fiberglass either. Yikes. I'll pass.

It's like buying a house - you have to se the "potential"

There's gotta be more crashed police bikes out there. They're probably throwing these things out with the trashed bikes.

I just picked up a newer version (off a 2008 FJR) of one of these boxes from a guy in Australia for a reasonable prices plus outrageous shipping.

Looks like this:

fjr1300-4.jpg

It may take a couple weeks for shipping, and a couple weeks figuring out how to mount it, but it looks like it has 2 - 3 times the cpacity of the smuggler.

If I can get it worked out and painted, I may have a GenII smuggler (Cerulean Silver) up for sale in the not too distant future.