Draggin Bags?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have personally dragged the right exhaust pipe and rear brake pivot on a race-track, without bags on, I would assume the bag would have been getting close, but doubt it would hit. Not something I recommend coming anywhere near on the street.

Shubbietrackday021.jpg

Shubbietrackday012.jpg

I ride with a guy who has ground into his right brake shaft and leading edge muffler on his '03 FJR. Footpegs and side stand are pointy and buggered.

If you touch plastic, things have gone wrong.

It sounds like classic bench racing gone too far.

Steve

My size 13 boots touch first. lets me know I'm plenty close enough.

Anyone else or I'm I the only one?

They touch in front I guess I sort of hang then out and down a bit.

Thanks all for the laughs!! I figured as much, but I have ony ridden the genII, so I wasn't sure. I will definitely call him on it! I also drag my front toes as an early warning system. It does get your attention in a hurry! :D

I also drag my front toes as an early warning system. It does get your attention in a hurry! :D
Lemme think! (Ouch, that hurt!) You are riding in the twisties, you have the balls of your feet on the pegs (to help correctly orient your body and control the bike) and you're dragging your toes?

Hmmmmm....I wear size 13 riding boots but I must have shorter toes.

I have personally dragged the right exhaust pipe and rear brake pivot on a race-track, without bags on, I would assume the bag would have been getting close, but doubt it would hit. Not something I recommend coming anywhere near on the street.
Shubbietrackday021.jpg

Shubbietrackday012.jpg

Jes' curious....what grit wheel did you have on your "Hey Look At ME!" angle grinder???

:rofl:

Jes' curious....what grit wheel did you have on your "Hey Look At ME!" angle grinder???
Easy there pumpkin head.... Some of us got talent an know how to use it.

I'm tellin' ya, Ditch the training wheels! You'll get more attention from a higher class of woman that way, not to mention the respect of all the Three year old's in your neighborhood.. :D

Dork :dribble:

:jester:

Easy there pumpkin head.... Some of us got talent an know how to use it.

I'm tellin' ya, Ditch the training wheels! You'll get more attention from a higher class of woman that way, not to mention the respect of all the Three year old's in your neighborhood.. :D

Dork :dribble:

:jester:
The last time you attempted to display your "talent" you wound up with a gash under yer eye, sheepstalker.

[SIZE=8pt](Hey, wasn't that a movie with Nick Cage?)[/SIZE]

Yup, Muffler hits WAY BEFORE the bag - then you low side when the rear wheel is jacked up off the ground.Deb and I know this :eek:

Yup, Muffler hits WAY BEFORE the bag - then you low side when the rear wheel is jacked up off the ground.Deb and I know this :eek:

On the right side the rear brake lever pivot will hit before the muffler as well. After you do that enough times you can wear down the pivot and touch the muffler. Not a goal but it happens.
yes,, By the time I got Dumb-assed off my bike I had ground both peg feelers and was working on the pegs and my header had touched down once, my rear brake peg coming out of the case (not the leaver) and I touched my center stand down one day in a lefthander

After I ignored all of those signs that I was pushing the bike to far over, I am not sure what levered me off one fine day with my SO aboard. But it was my fault for sure (reference crach club icon below)

So I feel qualified to say there are many other things that touch down first.. The last thing to touch down was my stupid ass.. I did not have my bags on that day.. so I dont know if they would have hit the tarmac before I did

Jes Sayin